NFL Draft GDT: Day One (no spoiled picks!!)

Forge

Lance Zuerlein has us taking Ruggs and Diggs with our two firsts. 

I'm still going to be moderately surprised if we go corner that early. I know its a popular mock for us, and with good reason given the future contract situation, but unless we trade spoon, I still just think it's not as likely as defensive line / wide receiver / offensive line. 

• Like 1

The Dolphins aren’t trying to get the third overall pick from the Lions without giving up the fifth overall pick in order to make two picks in the top five. Instead, the Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package.

Supposedly, Burrow is like Joe Montana for the Dolphins 

I couldn't quote the post about the tweet mentioning potential trade targets and Dee Ford, but I wanted to say that the tweet came from Spotrac. My guess is they looked at contracts, plus various rumors floating around and put that list together. 

With Ford, we'd take a big hit with dead cap in 2020, but in 2021, his savings are around $13 mil. I don't think we'll trade Ford, but this is my guess as to why Spotrac is tweeting that Ford could be traded.

I'm coming around to the idea that Cleveland...as in Erza, will be in play@31 for us. I think Jones is going in the 20's and if we do go WR first, he could be a guy we like. Not sure about his ability to play OG until Staley retires but he's tailor made to be a LT in this scheme.

Also, while I know everyone is high on Moore, if Winfield, Jr is there@31, he should definitely be in play for us. Special talent@safety that isn't getting enough shine imo. Still a Dugger fanatic...but I would be very happy with Winfield also.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

I just did a 1st round mock on TDN, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I traded down at 13 with the Dolphins and threw in our 1st 5th and picked up #18, a 3rd, and 4th. Jeudy was taken one pick before me, so I took Kinlaw at 18. Then, at 31, I traded down with the Colts so they could take Love. I traded #31 and a 6th for their 2nd and 3rd. 

So, I came away with:

Kinlaw at 18

Colts 2nd

Colts 3rd

Dolphins 3rd

Dolphins 4th

I gave up:

5th

6th