Everything Trades

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

OJ Howard has done as much in this league as Hunter Henry and he just got franchise tagged this offseason.   I think the biggest overlooked aspect of Howard and Henry are their blocking abilities in addition to the receiving ability.   If OJ Howard was still playing for Dirk Koetter this past season I don't think this discussion is happening.

I don't know what franchise tags have to do with trade values

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Years of control for the player in question. If it would make sense to franchise a given player, then there's a greater amount of potential excess value on contract, making the trade value higher. Doesn't really apply to individual players, but that may be what he means...?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Well generally speaking, teams would like to place the franchise tag on players they think are "good."     "Good" players tend to merit higher trade values.    And underwhelming players that haven't accomplished much in the league don't get franchised.

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

Well generally speaking, teams would like to place the franchise tag on players they think are "good."     "Good" players tend to merit higher trade values.    And underwhelming players that haven't accomplished much in the league don't get franchised.

Yeah, that's not always the case. But if you think that the chargers tagging Henry somehow indicates something about OJ Howard and trade value, I'm not going to try and dissuade you that notion. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit." Previously ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Bengals have declined the Dolphins' efforts to move up to No. 1. It's unlikely we see that stance change, although two top-five picks would certainly be enticing.

10 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit." Previously ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Bengals have declined the Dolphins' efforts to move up to No. 1. It's unlikely we see that stance change, although two top-five picks would certainly be enticing.

Cincy needs to continue to deny them if they are trying to make these big moves. If they get to 3 and offer both 3 and 5, demand next years 1st too, doesnt hurt to milk it as much as possible worst case scenario is you take the best qb in the draft at 1.

14 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

If I'm the Bengals, I'd want 5, 18, 26 and their 1st next year

Take 3 studs this year (Plus another solid guy with their own 2nd), tank again and land Lawence or Fields next year plus have the Fins 1st nest year plus their own high 2nd next year

They'd net a better QB, and have almost 6 1st round picks in 2 years in position players (Those high 2nds are basically 1sts)

But they are the Bengals, so Burrow is just mediocre enough to get them to 7-9 and out of the running for any Franchise talent next year

Edited by TheGame316

22 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

If I'm the Bengals, I'd want 5, 18, 26 and their 1st next year

Take 3 studs this year (Plus another solid guy with their own 2nd), tank again and land Lawence or Fields next year plus have the Fins 1st nest year plus their own high 2nd next year

They'd net a better QB, and have almost 6 1st round picks in 2 years in position players (Those high 2nds are basically 1sts)

But they are the Bengals, so Burrow is just mediocre enough to get them to 7-9 and out of the running for any Franchise talent next year

what would Detroit get to give up 3?.

my guess from Miami to get to 3 without giving up 5 to det is 18,26,39 and something next yr.( i think the lions should take that deal)

Dolphins would then trade 3,5, Houston's 1st next yr a 2nd maybe some players to Cincy for 1?

9 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

what would Detroit get to give up 3?.

my guess from Miami to get to 3 without giving up 5 to det is 18,26,39 and something next yr.( i think the lions should take that deal)

Dolphins would then trade 3,5, Houston's 1st next yr a 2nd maybe some players to Cincy for 1?

Lions would take that unless it includes a 2021 1st rd pick IMO

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Interesting. So...

Instead of Burrow, they can go Tua AND probably Simmons or Wills/Thomas/Wirfs to protect him.

I dunno. I think Burrow is everything a QB should be.

Edited by Hunter2_1