Everything Trades

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sounds like Raiders may have indeed put #19 on the table.

Still think contractually it's tough.

Im no raiders fan but I have no idea why they would make this move, they are cap strapped, they drafted Ferrel last year at 4th overall and Maxx Crosby who has shown that he is going to be good. Why would they give up the 19th over all and pay yan that money when no other team has reached out for over a month now? Not to mention them willing to pay him but not mack 2 years ago? I just dont think this happens and is all media smoke that jags front office is dropping

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Im no raiders fan but I have no idea why they would make this move, they are cap strapped, they drafted Ferrel last year at 4th overall and Maxx Crosby who has shown that he is going to be good. Why would they give up the 19th over all and pay yan that money when no other team has reached out for over a month now?

Yannick is a special pass rusher and one of the best in the league. After QB it's arguably the most important position. This draft falls off a bit after the top 15. This draft also has no good edge rush prospects and although you have Crosby, Ferrell is known more for his solid all around game rather than being "scary off the edge". 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yannick is a special pass rusher and one of the best in the league. After QB it's arguably the most important position. This draft falls off a bit after the top 15. This draft also has no good edge rush prospects and although you have Crosby, Ferrell is known more for his solid all around game rather than being "scary off the edge". 

yes he may be good but your talking about paying a guy 19-21 mil a year while they sent mack packing cause he wanted that price 2 years ago. 2-4 mil a year difference that mack is getting is way better and worth that cost then yan, this overall makes zero sense but then again its the raiders franchise. 

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

yes he may be good but your talking about paying a guy 19-21 mil a year while they sent mack packing cause he wanted that price 2 years ago. 2-4 mil a year difference that mack is getting is way better and worth that cost then yan, this overall makes zero sense but then again its the raiders franchise. 

They got 2 1's for Mack. They'd only give 1 for Yan, he'd be a bit cheaper and he's only 25.

They also may have realized they made a mistake. Better to admit something like that and swallow your pride than not go and get a stud pass rusher if you think he can help.

33 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You've quoted this guy talking about how close a trade for Yannick has been for like a month now.

Where has he said it's been close/going to get done?

He's been saying they've been getting calls, they're firm in their ask and won't be dealt unless a 1st gets put on the table.

If you don't believe it then don't. Like I've said, he's clearly got a plug in the org. He's not Schefter but he has someone on the FO/coach side of things that has been leaking him stuff for a couple years now.

Trade talks are fluid as hell. There's so many dynamics that go into getting a deal done. A player not even having a contract puts it into an even tougher situation in which a player needs to also agree to a number with the team.

Schefter and guys like that posts only when things are imminent.

Someone who's giving second hand info from only one side/not the player and getting leaks every day isn't going to be 100 percent on everything. Not all trades that get discussed/calls that are made get done. Doesn't mean what he's hearing/saying is false or not happening.

37 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im no raiders fan but I have no idea why they would make this move, they are cap strapped, they drafted Ferrel last year at 4th overall and Maxx Crosby who has shown that he is going to be good. Why would they give up the 19th over all and pay yan that money when no other team has reached out for over a month now? Not to mention them willing to pay him but not mack 2 years ago? I just dont think this happens and is all media smoke that jags front office is dropping

Agreed. Mack was around the same age that Yan is now when the Raiders got rid of him and Mack was more established. I don't know how much Yan is asking for though.

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

Agreed. Mack was around the same age that Yan is now when the Raiders got rid of him and Mack was more established. I don't know how much Yan is asking for though.

Yan is seeking 19+ mil, he turned down 17.5-18 mil a year with jags a year ago and was requesting 22 mil but the guess is he will settle around 19-20 mil a year. Mack is getting 23 mil a year. If they did not trade mack and paid him they would probably have not needed to draft ferrel at 4 in which his cap hit plus yan's would equal Mack. So basically the Raiders would be telling the nation they were idiots for moving on from mack by willing to give up 2 picks for edge rushers and an equivalent price as to what he would have paid him for much better talent 

• Like 1

Mack was going to re-set the market, Yan won't be quite in that range -  both on the salary side and on the bonus side
The other part of the Mack deal was the cash flow, Davis was getting squeezed hard at that exact moment - while now he doesn't have to worry about the Oakland stadium costs anymore, he has a new stadium ready to roll, the funding and loans are all secured and any cost over- runs are well understood.

Raider finances look much different today than they did 2 years ago,  so if the Mack thing came up now -  there may have been a different outcome

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Trade talks are fluid as hell. There's so many dynamics that go into getting a deal done. A player not even having a contract puts it into an even tougher situation in which a player needs to also agree to a number with the team.

Schefter and guys like that posts only when things are imminent.

Someone who's giving second hand info from only one side/not the player and getting leaks every day isn't going to be 100 percent on everything. Not all trades that get discussed/calls that are made get done. Doesn't mean what he's hearing/saying is false or not happening.

well to be fair when your Owner or owner's son whatever you want to consider him going on social media to tell yan that insults wont get you out faster compensation will. Also with all media saying that no teams have been in contact for yan or fournette pretty much means nothing is happening and now late last night the 19th overall pick is being given up is something weird about it. Just like trent williams being discussed as being traded for several months now and he is still on a team. If a trade was going to happen for a 1st rd pick things have to come in place especially for yan, he has to sign the tag, agree to a contract if there is one, have a physical done, and both teams have to agree on compensation all during a quarantine lockdown, I just think it is smoke from jags side in hopes of getting more teams interested to bring better offers to the table if there are any. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

well to be fair when your Owner or owner's son whatever you want to consider him going on social media to tell yan that insults wont get you out faster compensation will. Also with all media saying that no teams have been in contact for yan or fournette pretty much means nothing is happening and now late last night the 19th overall pick is being given up is something weird about it. Just like trent williams being discussed as being traded for several months now and he is still on a team. If a trade was going to happen for a 1st rd pick things have to come in place especially for yan, he has to sign the tag, agree to a contract if there is one, have a physical done, and both teams have to agree on compensation all during a quarantine lockdown, I just think it is smoke from jags side in hopes of getting more teams interested to bring better offers to the table if there are any. 

Exactly why this is fluid and hard to predict. But talks are happening, it appears a 1 is on the table, but that's only half of this as you referenced with Yannick and his contract.

50 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They got 2 1's for Mack. They'd only give 1 for Yan, he'd be a bit cheaper and he's only 25.

They also may have realized they made a mistake. Better to admit something like that and swallow your pride than not go and get a stud pass rusher if you think he can help.

You think he'll be cheaper? I dunno about that. I'm guess Yannick is gonna want to (and probably will) reset the top of the edge rusher market. Not by leaps and bounds, but probably just above Mack. Even if it doesn't end up being more, it'll be pretty damn close.

Younger? Yes, but it still seems like a curious use of resources on the part of the Raiders.

If I'm the Jags, I'd be wondering why I didn't agree to that deal yesterday.