2020 Official NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The more I look into the draft, the more I like what we did. I’m not sure any of these 5 guys become starters, but all 5 can make the team and provide depth the next 4-5 years. I really like what I’ve been able to see about our new CB, Reid. I think he can be a high end 4th CB who can cover the slot. Our WR Coulter is a hit big or miss big guy. He has the tools if he can develop, I think he can be a 3rd or 4th WR. 

heck will never be more than a swing tackle but that’s a valuable thing to have. I don’t think he beats Johnson out for that job and he’s my bet to get himself an IR resort pass this year. 

Blacklock and Greenard are both guys who could be starters someday. I like pairing them with young guys Martin and Omenihu. Those 4 could be our DE and OLBs in 2 years. 

I would have liked a Sure fire starter in this draft but considering the lack of capitol, this class will do. 

also consider we have acquired Tunsil, Cooks, Stills, and Conley on top of this class. 

Agree with some of this, love Reid’s feistiness.

Coulter is a lotto ticket, could hit big, but I wouldn’t call a 6th rounder a big miss if he doesn’t pan out.

I wouldn’t put it past Heck beating out Johnson, I’m sure his dad being an NFL OL Coach helps his situation/learning curve 

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

question for you guys...

straight up, not counting any players aquired via picks....(you keep Tunsil)

would you trade your entire draft straight up for the Packers entire draft?

Hard pass for me as well. The biggest needs this draft for the Texans was pass rush and secondary. The Packers first picks were QB, RB, and TE. Yes, there are some nice depth pieces in the later rounds, but we're at a point where we don't have the luxury of taking a 1st round backup QB or another RB. No disrespect to the Packers draft, but it doesn't match up with what we need at all. 

Edited by LORK88
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

question for you guys...

straight up, not counting any players aquired via picks....(you keep Tunsil)

would you trade your entire draft straight up for the Packers entire draft?

I'd pass. I'm skittish on Jordan Love, I think AJ Dillon went too high (I like him, just thinking there were better options out there at 62) and another TE in the 3rd round would be the 3rd consecutive year the Texans drafted a TE in the 3rd. 

I like Jon Runyan in the Iater parts of the draft. He's not as good as his dad, but he's solid as a swing guy.

This draft didn't really mesh with what the Texans need.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, Texansfan713 said:

I think there's an important distinction between "Houston" and "The University of Houston". 

CeeDee Lamb is from Houston, didn't play for UH. Ross Blacklock is from Mo City, didn't play at UH. Coming FROM Houston and playing FOR Houston aren't the same.

I'll say this though - UT and A&M are missing the marks in their own backyard. There's significant talent they're letting walk away to other schools. Both programs are constantly in the top 20 of recruiting classes, so a fair question to ask would be... why are they not developing this talent correctly? I'd go as far as to say going to UH, TCU, Texas Tech or Baylor might be a better opportunity to make a lot of money in the pros vs A&M or UT. I know recruiters for those schools are telling this to recruits right now, actually.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think there's an important distinction between "Houston" and "The University of Houston". 

CeeDee Lamb is from Houston, didn't play for UH. Ross Blacklock is from Mo City, didn't play at UH. Coming FROM Houston and playing FOR Houston aren't the same.

I'll say this though - UT and A&M are missing the marks in their own backyard. There's significant talent they're letting walk away to other schools. Both programs are constantly in the top 20 of recruiting classes, so a fair question to ask would be... why are they not developing this talent correctly? I'd go as far as to say going to UH, TCU, Texas Tech or Baylor might be a better opportunity to make a lot of money in the pros vs A&M or UT. I know recruiters for those schools are telling this to recruits right now, actually.

Food for thought - since 2018, UTSA (Marcus Davenport 1.14; 2018) UTEP (Will Hernandez 2.34; 2018) and Sam Houston St University (PJ Hall 2.57; 2018) have as many players picked in the top 64 as UT (Connor Williams, 2.50; 2018). 

There is a disconnect on resources and results when you mention UT and Football.