2020 Official NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

No one worth trading up for but there’s going to be both Secondary and Edge Rushers there are 40. 

cant wait for us to draft Cole Kmet 

Depends on how much you value that 5th year - if a player explodes (esp. pass rushers, QBs, LTs)

That being said.... I would perfectly fine staying at 40 because lots of pass rushers are getting pushed down into 2nd

21 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

No one worth trading up for but there’s going to be both Secondary and Edge Rushers there are 40. 

cant wait for us to draft Cole Kmet 

I'd rather wait and take a TE on day 3. There's almost no drop off at the position. I have the top 9 TEs clumped very closely together. Like, they're all within 20 picks of each other on my big board. 

Also, we still have Kahale Warring.

7 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I'd rather wait and take a TE on day 3. There's almost no drop off at the position. I have the top 9 TEs clumped very closely together. Like, they're all within 20 picks of each other on my big board. 

Also, we still have Kahale Warring.

I think @Pastor Dillon was being sarcastic....

• Like 1

Thank god we didnt trade up.  Plenty of talent for us to pick at 40.

Yetur Gross-Matos

Ross Blacklock

Xavier McKinney

Jaylon Johnson

Deandre Swift

Jonathan Taylor

JK Dobbins

AJ Epenesa

Marlon Davidson

Trevon Diggs

Zach Baun

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I think we should trade back and get more picks.  Several teams have multiple 2's and 3's.

Yep... Yep... I think Oakland may want to get into 2nd... they have 3 3rds

Baltimore is low in 2nd... 

Rams got 2 2nds (thanks Bo'ob)

I think there are a couple of options

McKinney would be a steal but I suspect someone trades into the early 2nd to get him. 

I like Baun. He could start on the edge and put Simon on the bench where he belongs. 

but I’m going o-line if Cleveland or Jones are still there. Our future will he won or lost based on how well our line plays. Scharping and Fulton were both below average. Martin is an average center. Howard is injury prone already. Adding another lineman who can play guard or tackle would be huge for us. 

The board played out beautifully for us with Safety, DT, and edge rushers still around. Admittedly, I'm a little reluctant on AJ Epenesa. He produced at Iowa, but his workout times weren't anything special. A lot of his sacks came from the inside which is what we need, but I jut question if he can keep the same production at the next level. I still like Blacklock if we stay at 40 or Jordan Elliott if we move back in round 2. Safeties always seem to slide, but it also might be tempting to have our pick of every safety out there. 

Just now, LORK88 said:

The board played out beautifully for us with Safety, DT, and edge rushers still around. Admittedly, I'm a little reluctant on AJ Epenesa. He produced at Iowa, but his workout times weren't anything special. A lot of his sacks came from the inside which is what we need, but I jut question if he can keep the same production at the next level. I still like Blacklock if we stay at 40 or Jordan Elliott if we move back in round 2. Safeties always seem to slide, but it also might be tempting to have our pick of every safety out there. 

yeah im not a fan of epenesa as well. we need a real athletic edge rusher and he doesn't fit the bill for me.  i know the Texans are high on him but im not a fan.