2020 Official NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

17 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

im not opposed to an Edge and a CB but I dont really like those two guys

Ditto... I don't see a CB who is gonna push any of our current CBs off the roster (especially cause we re-signed or traded for most of 'em)

Roby   Conley  Johnson Jr.  Hargreaves   Crossen (ST)   Gaines (ST)   

EDIT: I kind of like RR, but I don't think we have the draft capital to take a CB who is going to be 5th on our depth chart

Edited by jch1911

17 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

im not opposed to an Edge and a CB but I dont really like those two guys

i like gross-matos over espena. im shocked he didn't go round 1.  glad the titans passed on him.  if he is there at 40 he should be an easy pick.  I've seen robinson play a lot so im not a fan of him that early. 

Just now, jch1911 said:

Ditto... I don't see a CB who is gonna push any of our current CBs off the roster (especially cause we re-signed or traded for most of 'em)

diggs could and possibly Jaylon Johnson but that's about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111036/article/2020-nfl-draft-day-2-mock-secondround-run-on-running-backs

Lance Z's 2nd day mock has us taking  Gross-Matos and Reggie Robinson. 

I think Gross-Matos is more of a traditional 4-3 end, I don't like his fit in our defense - but I like his hand technique, and how relentless he is at getting to the QB. I think Epenesa has higher upside, but wouldn't be too bothered.

I'd prefer Shenault at 3, I think he's got incredible potential as an intermediate weapon with Fuller and Cooks working downfield.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think Gross-Matos is more of a traditional 4-3 end, I don't like his fit in our defense - but I like his hand technique, and how relentless he is at getting to the QB. I think Epenesa has higher upside, but wouldn't be too bothered.

I'd prefer Shenault at 3, I think he's got incredible potential as an intermediate weapon with Fuller and Cooks working downfield.

Both Gross-Matos and A.J are steals at 40, but then again lots of good players have been sliding. Just hope BoB doesnt make a bone headed move like draft Jonathan Taylor or something

3 hours ago, jch1911 said:

EDIT: I kind of like RR, but I don't think we have the draft capital to take a CB who is going to be 5th on our depth chart

listen to yourself, our CBs suck. Hargreaves is a fringe roster guy and Johnson was possibly the worst rookie CB in the league last year. Roby and Conley are decent #2 or #3 CBs but we lack starting level talent. nearly anyone in the first 2 or 3 rounds could be better than most of our CBs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Both Gross-Matos and A.J are steals at 40, but then again lots of good players have been sliding. Just hope BoB doesnt make a bone headed move like draft Jonathan Taylor or something

call me crazy but i wouldn't mind taylor actually. instant upgrade over the johnsons. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

listen to yourself, our CBs suck. Hargreaves is a fringe roster guy and Johnson was possibly the worst rookie CB in the league last year. Roby and Conley are decent #2 or #3 CBs but we lack starting level talent. nearly anyone in the first 2 or 3 rounds could be better than most of our CBs

Hargreaves maybe fringe, but IMHO he is better than many of the people we could grab after the 1st.

He has the tools and he played well in the slot in the NFL already... he seemed to have lost his mojo in TB.... he hopefully can get it back.  

Johnson flashed some ability; he was not my first (second or third... or fourth) choice in the draft last year.

Could be better is not necessarily better.  But I get your point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Hargreaves maybe fringe, but IMHO he is better than many of the people we could grab after the 1st.

He has the tools and he played well in the slot in the NFL already... he seemed to have lost his mojo in TB.... he hopefully can get it back.  

Johnson flashed some ability; he was not my first (second or third... or fourth) choice in the draft last year.

Could be better is not necessarily better.  But I get your point.

One of the most telling signs of our poor coaching is the fact that players typically never get better here. 

• Like 1