2020 Official NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I hope so @ET80... Weaver had more production, but lower level of comp

Gotta like Greenard's production in just 1 year in SEC

Still think Bo'ob thought Terrell was going to make it to 90 / to us to draft (like Dillard last year)... that worked out pretty well for us (so far)

Edited by jch1911

Not sure if anyone subscribes to the Athletic, but there's a series from Bob McGinn where a few anonymous scouts rank and give their input on players. Here's what they said about Blacklock (3rd in DT rankings) and Greenard (13th in edge rankings):

Ross Blacklock
“Dad was a (Harlem) Globetrotter,” said one scout. “Great home life. Best football is ahead of him. He’s got feet, eyes, strength to push the pocket. He can two-gap. Understands how to use his hands. Has a feel for the game. Has quickness and burst. All his is upside. I do see him as a first-rounder.” “Depending on what he weighs, he can do a lot,” another scout said. “He was 310 at one time. He ran 4.9 at 310, same as at 290. It’s hard to find college players on the inside that have legit pass-rush ability. He does. … He’s immature. That shows up in his film, too. When he gets hard coaching from guys that make him grow up and be a man, it’ll show up on the field as well.” “You see some athletic ability,” said a third scout. “Nimble, quick. But a non-explosive guy. He just gets beat up inside. I don’t think he’s very tough or competitive. Just a flash gap-penetrating guy.” 

Jonathan Greenard
"“He is an intense football player,” one scout said. “The guy is a Tasmanian Devil. His motor’s running all the time. What worries me about guys like that is if you step up to the next level and, unless you’re really special, all of that thunder and lightning doesn’t bring any rain. He was pretty much an arc rusher. He made plays.” “He’s combative,” another said. “He plays hard. I like him. [Darrell] Taylor’s got a higher ceiling.”.

• Like 1