Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread Discussion

kgarrett12486

16 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit."

HOLY ****!!!

Mike Brown would still say no.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.

Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit."

HOLY ****!!!

Talk about a panty dropper 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Most likely. He's as old school as they get. Apparently he views Burrow as Joe Montana...

I'm not sure how you pass on two top five picks, a 1st next year and likely more...

They could still land Tua at #3...

Well, if you believe you found the guy at Qb, you pass.  Brown can t pass that up, we ll find oit if he is right

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well, if you believe you found the guy at Qb, you pass.  Brown can t pass that up, we ll find oit if he is right

I guess the only way you can justify it is if you have Burrow rated that much higher than Tua...

I just don't see it, especially with that potential haul coming back. That could go along way with turning your franchise around quick, but as you said Mike Brown is Mike Brown...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yah, I don;t understand that at all. Jones grade is all over th board (anywhere from mid 1st to early 3rd round). Staying at #14 and taking him makes no sense...

I honestly don't believe we're not staying at #14. I think we're going to attempt to move up and secure one of the 4 OT's and if not possible, we'll attempt t move back and reassess. This OT class is so deep even into the 2nd-3rd round that reaching for Jones at #14 just isn't the best play IMO...

We could be one of those teams that views him as a mid first rounder.

I also think this will go LONG! 10:15 pm on the clock! I took a nap, wings are defrosting, beer chilled and I am READY.  If one of the top 4 OT's is there I think we stick and pick one.  My guess is Becton may fall but, TAKE HIM!  If not, I HOPE we can trade back and get more capital and a 2nd tier OT.  Tomorrow will be just as interesting! LET'S DO THIS!