jebrick's Museless Mock

jebrick

I would rather trade back in the 2nd to get extra picks but I do not want to figure that out now.  Here is a straight draft.

Straight picks:

Went with BPA here. I am not even a fan of getting a RB but...

2.49 - Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconson - BPA

Players available - Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, Blacklock, CEH, Dugger, Pittman, Higgins, Uche, Niang, J Jackson

In a weak TE I made a move to get one of the better fits for the Steelers.  Willing blocker and decent receiver.  One of my sleepers for the draft.  This is where I want multiple picks.  If I had an early 4th I would have taken Wallace then gamed that Asiasi would last til my next pick.

3.102 - Devin Asiasi TE, UCLA

Available players - Thad Moss,Devin Asiasi, Troy Dye, K'Von Wallace, Van Jefferson,Khalid Kareem,Alex Highsmith,Quartney Davis, Logan Stenberg, Tyler Biadasz

Got my burner.  Not the most dynamic route runner but the speed is there and he catches everything.

4.124 Devin Duvernay WR Texas

Available players - K.J. Hill, Collin Johnson, John Simpson, Devin Duvernay, Leki Fotu, Tyler Johnson, Ben Bredeson,Hakeem Adeniji

Last chance to get a decent OT and I had to take it.  This is another area where an extra 4th would have netted me both Robinson and Adenji

4.135 Hakeem Adeniji OT Kansas

Available players -Hakeem Adeniji, Kenny Robinson

The road grader guard.  He will not be moving to OC.

6.198 -  Yasir Durant OG Missouri

Available players- D.J. Wonnum, Antonio Gandy-Golden,Trevis Gipson, Madre Harper, Yasir Durant, Jake Hanson, Dante Olson

Fat body who will get a lot of penis jokes or a punter.  Which would I choose?  I like the hang time on this guy.

7.232 - Sterling Hofrichter P  Syracuse

John Penisini or a punter

• Like 2

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them go for a TE considering the unknown in Gentry and Ebron being below average run blocking.

I know they used Banner in heavy formations but very good chance one of Ebron/Vance isn’t on the team on 2021 due to cap hits.

Solid mock.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

42 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would rather trade back in the 2nd to get extra picks but I do not want to figure that out now.  Here is a straight draft.

Straight picks:

Players available - Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, Blacklock, CEH, Dugger, Pittman, Higgins, Uche, Niang, J Jackson

In a weak TE I made a move to get one of the better fits for the Steelers.  Willing blocker and decent receiver.  One of my sleepers for the draft.  This is where I want multiple picks.  If I had an early 4th I would have taken Wallace then gamed that Asiasi would last til my next pick.

I would not be mad at drafting Taylor at all. I would have taken him in my mock if he were still there. 

Available players - Thad Moss,Devin Asiasi, Troy Dye, K'Von Wallace, Van Jefferson,Khalid Kareem,Alex Highsmith,Quartney Davis, Logan Stenberg, Tyler Biadasz

No secret that I would've taken Tyler Biadasz in a heartbeat if he were there. Asiasi was on my radar as well, but not nearly this high.  I don't think the Steelers go TE as they seem to love the kid they drafted last year and may well be content with Vance, Ebron and him. I am hoping that CSW emerges as a good blocker with some catch range this year. 

Got my burner.  Not the most dynamic route runner but the speed is there and he catches everything.

Available players - K.J. Hill, Collin Johnson, John Simpson, Devin Duvernay, Leki Fotu, Tyler Johnson, Ben Bredeson,Hakeem Adeniji

No argument here and good draft value. Hopefully would do better than the last WR from Texas that we drafted (Limas Sweed).

Last chance to get a decent OT and I had to take it.  This is another area where an extra 4th would have netted me both Robinson and Adenji

Interesting. I may have looked to upgrade the defense here particularly at safety or DL.

Available players- D.J. Wonnum, Antonio Gandy-Golden,Trevis Gipson, Madre Harper, Yasir Durant, Jake Hanson, Dante Olson

Fat body who will get a lot of penis jokes or a punter.  Which would I choose?  I like the hang time on this guy.

No defensive help and maybe a little overkill on the OL after taking a tackle the previous round. Other needs and only one pick left.

I can't argue this one. I over-drafted him a round earlier.  We need punter help.

Always some sound choices and thought behind what you do. We don't always agree, but I get what you did. Biggest concern was no DL, no safety depth after drafting two OL's and even a TE. Players you chose seem sound, but I don't agree on the picks and ignoring some of the need.

It’s one of my least favorite mocks, brick. I could honestly see it happening though. At least something similar. The reason I don’t like it is because it’s fairly boring and I want excitement. It’s pretty realistic that we don’t take any players that I really like. I think Woodley was one of the last times we took one of my favorites. 

20 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them go for a TE considering the unknown in Gentry and Ebron being below average run blocking.

I know they used Banner in heavy formations but very good chance one of Ebron/Vance isn’t on the team on 2021 due to cap hits.

Solid mock.

Ebron is not a TE. He’s not a below average blocker, he doesn’t block at all. He’s a big receiver that lines up where tight ends line up. Aka as it stands now if McDonald gets hurt, Gentry will step in his spot and Ebron’s role will stay the same ( @kurgan can back me up on this). I could definitely see us taking a tight end.

What I can’t see us doing is completely ignoring defense with all the depth issues we have.

The 3rd rounder was my pick.  I just like the guy and he is a Steeler type TE.  Skipping him would put me between Biadasz  and Highsmith and I would have probably chosen Highsmith.  Reasoning are the class IOL class is deep enough to wait.  Taking Biadasz might have had me take D.J. Wonnum  in the 6th

I think glaring holes are on the offense.  IOL and OT.  Speed WR.  RB was a luxury pick

Edited by jebrick

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Straight picks:

Thanks for the effort and title!!!

As I just got done typing on @Steeler Hitman's draft, Taylor or Pittman will be the pick at 49.  Neither would be the one I would take, but it seems like destiny.  They have a type, and he fits it.  he can get some snaps now, but roll into 2021 as the 1, with Snell as 2 and Samuels as the 3rd down guy.  Makes sense.  Steelers way... yada yada.

Asasai is off the reservation for me.  This came out of left field.  No connection, no mention.  I do like him as a prospect.. for me, this is way to high and with too many needs is curious.  Maybe a trade down here would make sense to get an extra 5th or 6th.  IDK.

We both like Adeniji... I think he has real talent.  I am not sold on Durant.  Seems to be a struggle with pad level and intensity.  Huge body that did not work at tackle.

I like the punter.

I agree with @bigben07MVP, no defense is tough.  No safety/ILB/Edge help.  Sure, the O is set now for a while, but at what cost?

13 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Ebron is not a TE. He’s not a below average blocker, he doesn’t block at all. He’s a big receiver that lines up where tight ends line up. Aka as it stands now if McDonald gets hurt, Gentry will step in his spot and Ebron’s role will stay the same ( @kurgan can back me up on this). I could definitely see us taking a tight end.

What I can’t see us doing is completely ignoring defense with all the depth issues we have.

Right... I am not against Asaasi... he would be a great add in that he is a real TE.  He would be the 3rd best blocker immediatley (Vance>CSW>Asiasi>Gentry>>>>>>>>>>Ebron)

But, not at 102 and not without addressing S/ILB at all.