WR Rankings for Bears

dll2000

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I forgot Higgins only because I think he goes top 35.

If not, I'd put him at 1. He dominated some good competition.

He did, but I think he’s going to experience the anti-Claypool effect of having stunk up the athletic testing. When these guys are as closely ranked as I think they are it doesn’t take much to go from WR5 to WR10. Had he even been average athletically in the process I think he’d have been a lock top 25 pick. 

• Like 1

Trade up or sprint to the podium at 43:

Mims is my WR 1 for this entire class I'd trade up into the last few picks of the first for him (only not higher because of cost to move up)

Stay put: 43

Reagor I'm much less confident in him than Mims as "boom-bust" guy, but he's the guy that might be in our range I'd draft with no hesitation... I don't think I'd be willing to move for him though because of the risk... He could quite realistically be the best actual talent in the draft, considering his production and his QB last year's complete ineptitude (something like 30% of all passes even attempted to be thrown at Reagor where deemed uncatchable throws)

Trade down from 2nd rounders, or up/back into the draft from other picks

Claypool I'd be primarily playing him as a slot WR / "BIG TE" that occasionally flexes out. Mostly I'd be doing this to tag him as a TE before he's due money. I think he goes earlier (late 2nd, very early third) than expected (mid-late 3rd). I think he's actually undervalued and should be an early 2nd rounder  and wouldn't even be upset with him at 50.

Antonio Gibson.... This guy is a guy who I have pegged to be a top 5 rookie "WR" in production and more importantly scoring...  My worry here is that he's over drafted as he's another boom-bust guy with some risk. I think he's an early 3rd round talent, but he could sneak into the very end of the 2nd. I think if he actually goes in the mid third-4th range he's projected that he's arguably the best value of the draft relative to expected results.

I'm not opposed to the other prospects, but those are the 4 I'd be most interested in, relative to other likely positional choices in those ranges.... I have no prospects/targets @ WR later in the draft I care about.

Edited by Epyon

4 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Me either and I'm higher on Claypool than some here. This list is amazing though. We need to take advantage of it. 

As Beardown3231 pointed out above, Claypool actually BLOCKS too.... That alone could be MASSIVE on the perimeter with a shift little guy like Cohen coming out to the edge.

I'd add, it's one of the reasons I'm so high on Mims as a WR too... the guy is a hellacious and unselfish blocker in addition to the WR talent.

Grabbing say Mims, Claypool, AND a super fast and also Big RB/WR like Antonio Gibson could prove to become an absolutely LETHAL WR/Screen game..... and that's before accounting for having Robinson on the field and or Graham or Cohen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

As Beardown3231 pointed out above, Claypool actually BLOCKS too.... That alone could be MASSIVE on the perimeter with a shift little guy like Cohen coming out to the edge.

I'd add, it's one of the reasons I'm so high on Mims as a WR too... the guy is a hellacious and unselfish blocker in addition to the WR talent.

Grabbing say Mims, Claypool, AND a super fast and also Big RB/WR like Antonio Gibson could prove to become an absolutely LETHAL WR/Screen game..... and that's before accounting for having Robinson on the field and or Graham or Cohen.

He certainly does. There's atleast two blocks per game where you see him make a play that busts the person with the ball for 10-20 yards more than they would have got. Not to mention he's a matchup nightmare. Watching him vs linebackers or smaller corners would be hilarious.