OL preference for Bears:

dll2000

Jones is a powerful dude.  Watching him get pancake blocks.  Those are rare above high school level.   

Not sure he has good enough feet to be an NFL OT.  For sure a guard though.

Although he probably has as good as feet as Massie who I am also not sure has good enough feet to be an NFL OT.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Jones is a powerful dude.  Watching him get pancake blocks.  Those are rare above high school level.   

Not sure he has good enough feet to be an NFL OT.  For sure a guard though.

Although he probably has as good as feet as Massie who I am also not sure has good enough feet to be an NFL OT.

I like way Jones plays.  He plays how an OL should play IMO. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

My preference chart is skewed, as I'd really like to find a way, quickly, to move on from Leno, Massie, or both. 

That is what my goal is as well, and why I am so vehemently against Tru's 5th year option. With the money freed up from Leno and Massie's departures we can go after the top OT in FA. Say we go OT (2nd) and OG (later) we could get a top OT for whoever the QB is in 2021, while not forcing the two rookies into starting gigs if they're not ready. So we could (over)pay to land Trent Williams next year to add to them after a year of adjustment and coaching up. We could walk into into 2021 with this as an OL - 

Williams - Daniel - Whitehair - Trey Adams - Robert Hunt

Say we add Claypool  in the 2nd this year then we can trot out. 

Arob                              Williams - Daniel - Whitehair - Adams - Hunt - Graham                            Claypool

Miller                                               1st rounder                                           

Montgomery

Graham is the weak link but that looks like a damn good offense to me to roll with.  Trade the farm for the QB of your choice and run with it. 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1