NFL Draft Thread: Day 1

Just now, Doc Draper said:

Wirfs is an athlete- you see him jump out of pool and Iowa wresting, track, and strength record. Don’t know if he can play ball but the kid is gifted

He reminds me a lot of Robert Gallery.  Loads of athleticism and great footwork, but I just don't see him sticking at tackle.  

Just now, Doc Draper said:

Wirfs is an athlete- you see him jump out of pool and Iowa wresting, track, and strength record. Don’t know if he can play ball but the kid is gifted

If there is anywhere that can coach technique, it's Iowa.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You still have Ezra Cleveland, Josh Jones, Isaiah Wilson and Austin Jackson as possible late first round candidates.  

Trent might be screwed here.  

The talent really drops off after the top 4. Are those good prospects? Sure, but I still believe Kirk and Trent reunite with their late 1st.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You still have Ezra Cleveland, Josh Jones, Isaiah Wilson and Austin Jackson as possible late first round candidates.  

Trent might be screwed here.  

I think we will be alright. We could see a team we wouldn’t expect. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

The talent really drops off after the top 4. Are those good prospects? Sure, but I still believe Kirk and Trent reunite with their late 1st.

I don’t think we get a 1st from them but I think they could be the team though

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

There is no one reporting anywhere that a first is in play.  The reports are that they want second round value, but that a second round pick isn't being discussed.  It's not going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

If there is anywhere that can coach technique, it's Iowa.

Yeah, but look at the player archetype there.  A lot of the high draft picks have a hard time adjusting to the NFL, and don't often fulfill their original expectations.  See Gallery and even Scherff.  We drafted him thinking we would have a bookend tackle with Williams, and he ended up being a guard.  A top tier guard when healthy, but a far cry from where he would've been drafted if he came out as a guard.