NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We are all in love with this guy, but an FCS player is really hard to predict at the next level.  It's hard enough to do it with power five players because of some of the lesser competition they play at times.  

If I am the Redskins, I stay far away from Trautman until the fifth round at least.  

Typically, I'd be on the same page.

But for lack of a better way of putting it, I think all the Power 5 guys are pretty bad. For me, my top 3 are Trautman, Harrison Bryant, and Albert O. And honestly, Albert O is basically only there because of one number (4.49). In other words, I think I know who the Power 5 guys are -- but Trautman being an unknown makes him a more desirable commodity for me. Maybe he actually really is a quality two-way TE. I'm pretty sure the rest of them are not.

Just now, e16bball said:

But for lack of a better way of putting it, I think all the Power 5 guys are pretty bad. For me, my top 3 are Trautman, Harrison Bryant, and Albert O. And honestly, Albert O is basically only there because of one number (4.49). In other words, I think I know who the Power 5 guys are -- but Trautman being an unknown makes him a more desirable commodity for me. Maybe he actually really is a quality two-way TE. I'm pretty sure the rest of them are not.

All of the TE's are terrible.  I don't want to waste a high pick on one just because we "need" one.  A team picking #2 has tons of needs across the board.  A team that had Bruce Allen running it for a decade has a lot of holes.  

Albert O would be my top guy, because we saw good results with a decent QB in Drew Lock.  But even then, i'm not high on him.  

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Well, now you can see what Brees can do with him.