NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

My favorite player left is LB Akeem Davis-Gaither from App State. But he plays a position (WLB) where we’re pretty well stocked. 

Biggest need is clearly TE, for me the best player there is Harrison Bryant from Florida Atlantic. If they took Albert Okwuegbunam, I’d be okay with that because of the crazy speed. 

Best combination of need and value is probably CB Bryce Hall from UVA. It depends on what coverage scheme they’re planning on using though, as he’s going to be more of your zone coverage CB than a straight press man guy. 

Akeem is fantastic. Much like what I said for Bachie is found in him too. We do need guys like those in the lockerroom.

I could also see them going OG here, or at least looking at that in the next couple picks between here and 5.17 or whatever we have. John Simpson (Clemson) is a road grader LG, Netane Muti (Fresno State) would have been long gone if not for injury history, and Ben Bredeson (Michigan) is a classic plug and play B1G LG. 

There’s also the OT from the DIII school that held his own at the Senior Bowl, Ben Bartch. Could be worth a gamble, has tackle upside and a decent floor because you can always kick him inside to guard. 

• Like 2

Just now, e16bball said:

I could also see them going OG here, or at least looking at that in the next couple picks between here and 5.17 or whatever we have. John Simpson (Clemson) is a road grader LG, Netane Muti (Fresno State) would have been long gone if not for injury history, and Ben Bredeson (Michigan) is a classic plug and play B1G LG. 

There’s also the OT from the DIII school that held his own at the Senior Bowl, Ben Bartch. Could be worth a gamble, has tackle upside and a decent floor because you can always kick him inside to guard. 

I like Bartch's story, but I don't like him as an OT for us.

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

He seems pretty accurate.... we'll see. Would be indifferent to this.. he's 6'4" but the need is there.

@PARROTHEAD would be the guy to ask about Saahdiq, but I wouldn’t hate it. Get a little Geron Christian vibe from him, in the good feet but a little light in the pants sense, but he’s definitely a quality athlete to develop. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1