Trade-Back Theory-Joe Thuney To The Lions.

Just Want A Title

I read that the Lions are still sitting on about $30 million in salary cap space.  Granted, they still have to work an extension for Kenny Golladay.  That is still a lot of cap space.  New England is nowhere close to getting a contract done with Joe Thuney and I don't think they really want to make the deal.  I think if the Lions get a trade-back that gets them at least one extra 2d or 3rd round pick, they will flip some picks to the Patriots for Joe Thuney.  It would make sense for both sides.  We get a durable, highly skilled LG (please don't say Joe Dahl is the answer) with enough draft capital to help other areas.  New England gets additional second day picks which they covet.  A rough trade framework:

The Lions move back far enough to get an additional second round pick.  They send that pick to New England in exchange for Joe Thuney and a sixth round pick.

Thoughts??

I think it could happen.  It’s just that if they don’t sign him to an extension it’s like $15 million for the season under the tag or something crazy like that.  Also if they do extend him it will probably be for more than what glasgow got paid.  Even if he is slightly better than graham is a 2nd round pick and more money invested in your Guard position worth it?  

Just realized who is making the decision. Yep that’s probably what they will do...dang it.