Draft Discussion

RedGold

1 minute ago, Bullyball said:

I find it interesting that KC is not looking at drafting CBs the past two drafts when we only have one under contract next year

Listening to Veach he sounds very high on Hamilton and Alex Brown contributing.  Really just leaves 1 open spot if we roll with 6 CB’s.

Should also note we will have all our picks next year as well as a couple comp picks to stock pile some on D.

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Listening to Veach he sounds very high on Hamilton and Alex Brown contributing.  Really just leaves 1 open spot if we roll with 6 CB’s.

Should also note we will have all our picks next year as well as a couple comp picks to stock pile some on D.

Probably pick up someone who gets cut too. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

I find it interesting that KC is not looking at drafting CBs the past two drafts when we only have one under contract next year

This is a slightly misleading statement, though. Brown and Ward are RFAs, so they're basically guaranteed to be back for 2021, unless the team doesn't want them. Breeland is the only real threat to leave. So we'll likely have 3 of our top 4 returning regardless.

2022 would be where it gets dicey, with Ward likely being unrestricted and maybe warranting a payday by then.

17 minutes ago, Kirill said:

We're an injury to Breeland away from our CB's being Ward and a bunch of nobodies. Would like to pick up a CB at least with our 5th.

Fenton looked really good late and while he he’d more of a nickel he’s manage in a pinch also the two guys we picked up are no worse than Ward when Ward got here.

Edited by Mizter_Clean10
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Fenton looked really good late and while he he’d more of a nickel he’s manage in a pinch also the two guys we picked up are no worse than Ward when Ward got here.

Fenton averaged out to 40+% snaps during the playoffs. Not too shabby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

We're an injury to Breeland away from our CB's being Ward and a bunch of nobodies. Would like to pick up a CB at least with our 5th.

Fenton is not a nobody.

Besides, it's not a CB heavy system. The weight of the secondary is on the safeties. I would like another SS. Sorensen was big in postseason, but he's also a key ST player and recently turned 30. 

I'm still ticked off about Denver getting Agim.

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Change the name and position and you could say this about most positions on any roster. Drafting based on the premise that someone might get injured is silly.

13 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Change the name and position and you could say this about most positions on any roster. Drafting based on the premise that someone might get injured is silly.

I will say we’ve got no corners past next year. It is a slight concern, we gotta find somebody right?