Draft Discussion

RedGold

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I will say we’ve got no corners past next year. It is a slight concern, we gotta find somebody right?

Find someone, sure, if we haven't already. The best way to find a player is on your roster. Second best is on the street.

The point is not how you acquire them, but whether they can play.

J

14 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Find someone, sure, if we haven't already. The best way to find a player is on your roster. Second best is on the street.

J

Breeland and Ward are up after the season so maybe that’s when they go for it in the draft? 

13 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

J

I mean we literally don’t have anybody under contract past 2020.

Sure this year is fine but it’d be nice to find another gem in the 5th with a cheapish multi year contract

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

This is a slightly misleading statement, though. Brown and Ward are RFAs, so they're basically guaranteed to be back for 2021, unless the team doesn't want them. Breeland is the only real threat to leave. So we'll likely have 3 of our top 4 returning regardless.

2022 would be where it gets dicey, with Ward likely being unrestricted and maybe warranting a payday by then.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I will say we’ve got no corners past next year. It is a slight concern, we gotta find somebody right?

See my above post about this. Breeland and Hamilton are our only unrestricted free agents at CB. Our CB depth chart will be more stable than our WR depth chart, next offseason, yet many thought the prospect of the team looking at Ruggs was nuts.

This is a point that has been overblown on a technicality. Yes, we technically do not have Ward or Brown under contract for 2021. But they will be restricted free agents. We still have their rights in 2021.

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

This is a slightly misleading statement, though. Brown and Ward are RFAs, so they're basically guaranteed to be back for 2021, unless the team doesn't want them. Breeland is the only real threat to leave. So we'll likely have 3 of our top 4 returning regardless.

2022 would be where it gets dicey, with Ward likely being unrestricted and maybe warranting a payday by then.

Thanks for the clarification. I would say though I won't count on Brown and Hamilition as key contributors to the secondary just yet, they haven't played much except for special teams. I get out system relies heavily on our safeties but it would be if we could have some solid corners. Maybe we find some on the street(Dennard, or Kilpatrick) but we need some young blood that have talent(Bryce Hall or Reggie Robinson).

I have no problem taking any position at all with our remaining picks, even QB. The Patriots drafted QB and DB almost every year for two decades. 

I expect to see a lot of WR tryouts this year. With the depth of this class, some draftable  WR will be UDFA. 

J

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I have no problem taking any position at all with our remaining picks, even QB. The Patriots drafted QB and DB almost every year for two decades. 

I expect to see a lot of WR tryouts this year. With the depth of this class, some draftable  WR will be UDFA. 

J

Id take Fromm