Draft Discussion

RedGold

50 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I just can't see him even making the team at DE right now. I'm wondering if they plan to try him at SAM LB.

I can see this.   He does seem to be a solid run defender,   Move him off the ball and that may keep him more clean to show that athleticism

Edited by samsel23
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I can see this.   He does seem to be a solid run defender,   Move him off the ball and that may keep him more clean to show that athleticism

Brendan Daly called him to congratulate him, I’m thinking DL is in his future.

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

We gave up our 2021 6th rounder. Are you telling me that Keyes wouldn't have been available as an UDFA?

Per Lance Zierlein:

“Tall cornerback with good competitive streak who uses rare arm length to his advantage in press and catch disruption. He has adequate instincts and anticipation, but lacks functional makeup speed to cover-up for missteps in coverage. Keyes tends to play too free and easy with his footwork in space. He will need better discipline and bend to improve his balance and transition quickness. Scouts are very concerned about his long speed, but zone-heavy teams may view his length and ball skills as moldable traits to work with on the practice squad.”

I'm disappointed we didn't get a WR. I think it could come back to hurt us next year. They must really like our practice squad guys.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm disappointed we didn't get a WR. I think it could come back to hurt us next year. They must really like our practice squad guys.

I know it’s typical hyping PS guys, but I really like Jody Fortson 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

We gave up our 2021 6th rounder. Are you telling me that Keyes wouldn't have been available as an UDFA? I'm disappointed we didn't get a WR. I think it could come back to hurt us next year. They must really like our practice squad guys.

The question is not whether he would be available as UDFA, because he would still need to be signed. The question is whether he is worth a 6th round pick. 

Abaout WR, the UDFA pool would be getting 6th and 7th round picks most years. Plus a load of veteran players will be available for trades and as FA. 

J

16 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

OT Yasir Durant 
OL Daryl Williams
WR Kalija Lipscomb

3 Draftable UDFA signings so far 

I like Durant and Lipscomb. Williams I don't have a read on.

Durant, obviously, is Mizzou. G/T tweener. Better pass blocker than run blocker. Good size and length. 
Williams graded slightly higher in some rankings. CBS says he is a candidate for ZBS. Played all three IOL positions. . 
Lipscomb may challenge for PR duty. He has a reputation for yards after catch. Small and not straight-line fast, but very quick. Routes are an issue. 

J

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

I know it’s typical hyping PS guys, but I really like Jody Fortson 

But can we stash him on the PS another year? I imagine we'll go with the same 5 this year: Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, then probably Dieter. Does he beat out Pringle or Dieter?

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I like Durant and Lipscomb. Williams I don't have a read on.

Durant, obviously, is Mizzou. G/T tweener. Better pass blocker than run blocker. Good size and length. 
Williams graded slightly higher in some rankings. CBS says he is a candidate for ZBS. Played all three IOL positions. . 
Lipscomb may challenge for PR duty. He has a reputation for yards after catch. Small and not straight-line fast, but very quick. Routes are an issue. 

J

Williams could be a C which might not be a bad idea to grab for depth/development.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

But can we stash him on the PS another year? I imagine we'll go with the same 5 this year: Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, then probably Dieter. Does he beat out Pringle or Dieter?

maybe, maybe not.  I would imagine they would move him to the 53 and cut Dieter if someone tries to steal him and they like him enough

2 hours ago, valkrei said:

Williams could be a C which might not be a bad idea to grab for depth/development.

NFL.com had him listed at C, but he can play all three. Reiter is the starter, but Alligretti will have to earn his spot on the bench.

I think Williams has a better chance than Durant, who would be the sing OT if he makes the team. PS is more likely. 

J