Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Vic cotto but he's an absolutely terrible person. Search raiders cotto on twitter and he'll pop up. If you can get through his other tweets, it's worth looking into.

This is so true. I give him a follow every offseason then after the draft I’ll unfollow. He’s an asshat yoga instructor that tweets dumb crap. But he’s informative 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ugh the stress is killing me. If we make some weird pick at 12 I'm gonna lose it, even if I'm wrong in a year.

Reading that tweet from Cotto makes me think we're going CJ Henderson at #12 and then Reagor or Mims at #19. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Reading that tweet from Cotto makes me think we're going CJ Henderson at #12 and then Reagor or Mims at #19. 

Jeremiah said that he doesn't think Mayock would take Henderson because he doesn't tackle. I don't mind CB at 12 in theory but none of the guys are worth it to me IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jeremiah said that he doesn't think Mayock would take Henderson because he doesn't tackle. I don't mind CB at 12 in theory but none of the guys are worth it to me IMO.

FWIW Vic Tafur mocked Henderson to us at #12 in the Athletic's beat writer mock draft with Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb still on the board. 

It was tough to decide between Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb and Henry Ruggs, so the Raiders were able to postpone that decision and instead addressed their need at cornerback. Henderson is the clear No. 2 corner on the board, and there is a huge dropoff to No. 3. He is 6-foot-1, fast, experienced in press-man coverage and has great hips and makeup speed. The tackling needs work but he is not allergic, and if it wasn’t a small issue he would be long gone by 12. — Vic Tafur

Just now, NYRaider said:

#19 pick for a two down player? Meh. 

Murray the prospect is more than a 2 down player in the NFL. We do run a lot of nickel so it may be tougher to crack the starting lineup day 1, but he's got all the athleticism you'd want plus he's a legit alpha Captain. I rather get a potential stud LB than reaching for need and getting a lesser prospect at CB.

• Like 2

I would not be shocked if we double dip on WR with 2 of our first 5 picks in this draft.  The class is deep and our WR depth is horrendous.  We need a major influx of talent there to compete in the AFC West.  If all of the top 3 are on the board at 12 I would be shocked if the pick isn't Lamb.  He is clearly the best WR prospect in this class.  

• Like 1