First round mock before the draft - SIX trades

bucsfan333

Detroit is not giving up the #3 for what you offered.  Quinn(Detroit GM) says to give up on a chance at one of Young, Okudah, Simmons or Brown, they would have to double the value chart.  That means, 18, 26, 39, 56 and 1st and 2nd next year.  I just don’t see Detroit agreeing to less or Miami offering enough,

Miami trades 1.18, 1.26, 2.24, 5.7, and a 2021 second to Detroit for 1.3.

3. Miami Dolphins (from Detroit) - Andrew Thomas || OT || Alabama

-TRADE-

Los Angeles trades 1.6 and 3.7 to New York for 1.4.

Kansas City trades 1.32 and 2.31 to New England for 1.23.

23. Kansas City (from New England) - D'Andre Swift || RB || Clemson

Your trade don't make a lot of sense, MIA wouldn't need to trade up  (especially that much) as DET isn't looking for an OT and both Wirfs and Thomas would be left on the board, albeit giving NYG theie choice, but still an great LT for the next 15 years.

Then you have LAC trading up again with their prime choice of either Herbert or Tua.

Finally, why would KC trade up when Swift is 99% chance of being there at 32 ????

And to boot, the Broncos won't pass on Jeudy in favor of Ruggs, JJ is a much better WR than Ruggs. 

2 hours ago, dpudvay said:

Detroit is not giving up the #3 for what you offered.  Quinn(Detroit GM) says to give up on a chance at one of Young, Okudah, Simmons or Brown, they would have to double the value chart.  That means, 18, 26, 39, 56 and 1st and 2nd next year.  I just don’t see Detroit agreeing to less or Miami offering enough,

Yikes. No deal. You're welcome to keep 3 for that much crazy. Sorry, man.  

6 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Your trade don't make a lot of sense, MIA wouldn't need to trade up  (especially that much) as DET isn't looking for an OT and both Wirfs and Thomas would be left on the board

Right!

--------------------

There is zero reason for MIA to move at all. All this fear about LAC, pfffft.... no scare. if they do, they do. MIA needs to stay @ 5, use all 3 picks in round 1, or trade 26/move down for more picks this and maybe next year. I can't see an honest AND viable reason to do anything else. Rebuilding is not selling the farm and should not be done. I hope MIA stays the course and doesn't make crazy moves like this out of fear.... And most CERTAINLY not a wild ransom that @dpudvay was asking for....

For everyone, good luck tonight....and all weekend between Rounds 2 - UFA madness! :) 

16 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Atlanta trades 1.16, 3.14, 4.28, and a 2021 third to Jacksonville for 1.9. 

9. Atlanta Falcons (from Jacksonville) - Jeffrey Okudah || CB || tOSU

10. Cleveland Browns - Isaiah Simmons || LB/S || Clemson

Not to bad i would be ok with it although i think we gave up 1 pick to many to just get to 9.    I say either keep that 4th or the 3rd next year and were looking good.    1st 3rd and 3rd should be solid enough to get to 9 imo.     Now as for the pick i don't hate it as i think Okudah is solid and the best CB in this class easily.      But to me if Simmons is there and SLB being a bigger need for us and him imo being the best player in this draft even over young.   With the Bucs getting Gronk and the Falcons biggest weakness on defense is the middle of the field where ppl have feasted on us routineley.  Simmons makes WAY MORE SENSE in helping us out not only covering our biggest need in the draft but also covering our biggest weaknesses and giving us as much of a counter as we can to  Gronk, Kamara, and Mccafery  which is probably the most deadly weapons on each team and their all middle of the field guys.  Okudah as good as he is does very little to help against our opponents biggest strengths and our biggest weakness.

Simmons would look good in your scheme.

I'm afraid he's going to go somewhere that doesn't use him well.

I hope any of the other big 4 T fall to the Jets at 11, but I think it's a good pick.

Good work over all.

I hope that's not how the night ends for MIA as a Jet fan.

3 hours ago, dpudvay said:

Obviously an overzealous DET fan. 

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Obviously an overzealous DET fan. 

No, just quoting what Quinn said.  To drop out of getting one of the elite D prospects, Quinn said the offer would have to be double the value chart.  After that quote, I calculated what double the value chart was.  As I said, I don’t think Miami will offer that much, and I don’t think Detroit would take less.  I wouldn’t do it if I was Miami.  And I wouldn’t do it if I was Detroit for less.  

i think it was just draft day BS chatter.

2 hours ago, dpudvay said:

No, just quoting what Quinn said.  To drop out of getting one of the elite D prospects, Quinn said the offer would have to be double the value chart.  After that quote, I calculated what double the value chart was.  As I said, I don’t think Miami will offer that much, and I don’t think Detroit would take less.  I wouldn’t do it if I was Miami.  And I wouldn’t do it if I was Detroit for less.  

i think it was just draft day BS chatter.

Fair enough but he DIDN'T get close to that request, perhaps that was just to scare off the phone calls.