Raiders and Jaguars working on trade for Ngakoue

Jerry

Just now, BayRaider said:

Wtf???

We have two solid EDGE guys. And we traded Mack because we didn't wanna pay an EDGE. Why would we trade 19 for Yannick, and then pay him big bucks? Wouldn't we have just kept Mack...?

That's what I'm thinking. Seems weird to not give the big contract to our home grown talent with absolutely no issues vs. this guy who is still very good and young, but has some recent character issues.

Although maybe Yan + the picks > Mack? Still I wouldn't like this.

• Like 1

2 days ago the jags owner replied to Yannick that there was no market for him... then the night before the draft a rumor comes out the Raiders are going to send 19 to JAX for Yannick.

Yeah ok. Sure I totally believe it.

• Like 4

So Maxx has 10 sacks as a rookie.
Clelin was a top 5 pick last year.
We sign Carl Nassib to pretty good money.
Now we trade pick 19 for Yannick when we have 8 mil of space and he wants 20mil+.

false.

At least false for pick 19. Maybe 91 and Gabe for #91 Yannick. Still don't think it's real and more likely from the Jaguars to get an offer from another team and is just using the Raiders because we have two picks in the range they want, but won't get.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Houston only got two scrubs and a 3rd for Clowney. Kansas City only got a 2nd for Ford. Can't see us giving up #19 for Yannick. 

Then paying him over 20 per?  Makes no sense at all. 

I would suspect that old AL possessed Mayock for a day if this were to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Then paying him over 20 per?  Makes no sense at all. 

I would suspect that old AL possessed Mayock for a day if this were to happen. 

Agreed. Seems like an anti Mayock move especially after seeing Gruden blow draft capital on Bryant/Brown. Vic Tafur said on his podcast that the Raiders were pretty happy with their edge rotation with Nassib, Crosby, and Ferrell. 

• Like 2