Raiders and Jaguars working on trade for Ngakoue

Jerry

Just now, NYRaider said:

You can never have too many pass rushers. Ferrell would likely start opposite of Yannick with Crosby/Nassib rotating in. 

Yes but it’s a little overkill to spend #19 and 20m APY on Yannik after #4 Ferrell and Crosby last year and 8.5M APY for Nassib plus Key.

once again .... it’s called opportunity cost fellas!  

Does Yannik (4y,80M+) give us more than #19 (4y,13M) plus 67M+ over 4 years.  That’s the question.  My personal answer is no.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

seems like the whole thing was #fake news.

we inquired and threw a low but respectful offer out there and they counter like greedy pigs and it died.  

the good thing about GMs always inquiring about players available is your not the team like Buffalo who sees Hopkins get traded for a 2nd without knowing you could have outbid that low offer, then give a 1st,4,6 and ‘21 5th for Diggs..... but your heart will be torn out your chest a few times a year at tense moments (omg the worst time ever) because the media will run wild with a non story 

the details about which picks were or werent offered may or may not have been fabricated (either by Charlie or by whoever is source was), but a few different reporters have now verified that the raiders have at least engaged with the jaguars re: yannik, so it's hard to brush off the whole thing as fake. 

but yes, maybe the first round pick stuff, which is why we are hyperventilating, was unwarranted

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

i dont disagree, and even the sack totals dont reflect how good of a pass rusher he has been. he's been top 3 in pressures since entering the league, if i'm remembering the stat correctly. and yes, if he were in the draft, he'd easily go top 10. but that would also factor in the rookie scale salary... having a guy cost-controlled for 5 years is an asset of its own

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

the details about which picks were or werent offered may or may not have been fabricated (either by Charlie or by whoever is source was), but a few different reporters have now verified that the raiders have at least engaged with the jaguars re: yannik, so it's hard to brush off the whole thing as fake. 

but yes, maybe the first round pick stuff, which is why we are hyperventilating, was unwarranted

I didn’t say it was totally fake. 

but it is fake news when you exploratory talks are sold as “deal likely” and for a 1st

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What’s that gonna do make it 3 years not 4, 18 not 20M, 10% less guaranteed?

the real leverage is with Kahn? 
don’t like 91+159? Maybe 91+121 if you make this a done deal and real easy for us. Have fun twitter fighting ... how’s that working out for that son of yours? Good luck trying to get fans in the seats and keep a locker room upheaval from happening!  That’s a bit of bad PR when every decent player you have is gone and because of mismanagement.  That’s gonna be a lot of bad press.... but if you want we can end all that, you save face because you got more than Houston did for Clowney,,, you don’t win but you don’t lose!

1 minute ago, massraider said:

Charlie was first on that news, but got details wrong, and that isn't enough to go to that Times Square of a website, and support his Raider-hating partner. 

Exactly... the guys good at guessing in mock drafts lately but he’s not an insider.... he ran with a story early and wasn’t accurate.... the real insiders didn’t totally buy it and didn’t confirm.... deal dies off

hey, he got a ton of clicks for his little site... prolly made an extra $50 in ad revenue... good for him

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly... the guys good at guessing in mock drafts lately but he’s not an insider.... he ran with a story early and wasn’t accurate.... the real insiders didn’t totally buy it and didn’t confirm.... deal dies off

hey, he got a ton of clicks for his little site... prolly made an extra $50 in ad revenue... good for him

Walter is a complete joke. Charlie's mocks are actually fairly good content and he has a good track record. I don't know of either of them breaking stories with inside sources, though.

The website itself is probably the worst thing in football circles. Ad-packed, really laggy, barley functional on mobile, and thats despite having a layout that would have been outdated 2 decades ago.

• Like 2

The issue I have with this isn't the player. Yann is a great pass-rusher and is just entering his prime. The issues I have is we just drafted Ferrell and Crosby, then signed Nassib to a bigish contract. It's just a misuse of assets at this point. 

If we drafted White and signed Harris Jr instead of Nassib for example, I am all over this. But we didn't so that's why. I hope we stay away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Walter is a complete joke. Charlie's mocks are actually fairly good content and he has a good track record. I don't know of either of them breaking stories with inside sources, though.

The website itself is probably the worst thing in football circles. Ad-packed, really laggy, barley functional on mobile, and thats despite having a layout that would have been outdated 2 decades ago.

They need a web designer bad.... it loads so poorly ... halfway thru loading if you scroll down you get bounced up to the top... and other Wierd stuff.

its like a bad geocities (a lot of kids had their own kinda like 1/2 blog, 1/2 very basic website... back in like 1996-2000ish... if I remember right I’m HS class of ‘02 and it was like 6/7th grade to early HS)

he cant find one novice draft fan to do some free freelance work for him? Wtf sad