Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Draft Thread

coordinator0

It's here. One of the strangest drafts of all time... and maybe the most anticipated given he circumstances. I'll be making individual threads for players selected by the Ravens as usual. Lets keep a lot of the general stuff in here. 

To start it off, the guy I'm hoping for the most (as a realistic target) at 28 is Patrick Queen. That dude is going to be a problem. Ruiz is a close second, but the more I look at this offensive line class the more I see multiple interior options that the Ravens could like and utilize to their strengths.

With that said Robert Hunt is my darkhorse candidate at 28. We have even less of an idea how teams view players this year and that goes doubly for small school prospects. It sounds like there's going to be a huge run on offensive linemen in the first as well. It will be an interesting proposition between need and value.

And as always - 

No Spoilers

• Like 4

I'm still in the corner of playing Madden and trading up for Jeudy or Lamb. I don't have a problem giving up 28th, 55 or 60 and a 3rd next year to seal the deal. But if I want to be more grounded in my optimism, I'll take Ruiz, Chassion if he falls or Justin Jefferson at 28. If none of those guys are there, trade down and destory round 2 and 3.

The draft begins 2 at night in Denmark. I somehow have to get some sleep before then, but I have taken friday off, so I should be able to watch the whole thing.

I am very excited to see which players we think are the missing pieces.

25 minutes ago, alfalcone said:

Can somebody sell me on Kenneth Murray other than need?

He has very high upside as a run n' chase linebacker and he is physical enough to take on and shed blockers. Great in one on ones in the open field and he can destroy ballcarriers angles due to his speed. Can be a violent hitter both up the middle and to the sides and he can potentially be the leader in the middle of a defense and a guy who makes his teammates better due to his intangibles.

Cannot wait! I've got my wife taking care of the kids for the day so I can watch the whole thing in interrupted. It starts at 10am here is Australia. 

I feel like I'll be happy no matter who we take but I guess it all depends on who's available.

I hope the draft lives up to the expectations that it'll be the most unpredictable yet in terms of how players are rated by teams vs media and where they land.

I like your call @coordinator0 with Hunt. Seems like something that definitely could happen.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

He has very high upside as a run n' chase linebacker and he is physical enough to take on and shed blockers. Great in one on ones in the open field and he can destroy ballcarriers angles due to his speed. Can be a violent hitter both up the middle and to the sides and he can potentially be the leader in the middle of a defense and a guy who makes his teammates better due to his intangibles.

I get the argument, he has just never felt special to me.  I'd imagine they think Akeen Davis-Gaither Jordyn Brooks, or Wallie Gay Jr. can offer comparable value in a later round. My guy says we trade out of the pick, but I could see Mekhi Becton or K'Lavon Chaisson falling to use.  In the crazy scenario to monitor list, what if Isaiah Simmons falls and we trade up to say the 10-12 range.

3 hours ago, alfalcone said:

I get the argument, he has just never felt special to me.  I'd imagine they think Akeen Davis-Gaither Jordyn Brooks, or Wallie Gay Jr. can offer comparable value in a later round. My guy says we trade out of the pick, but I could see Mekhi Becton or K'Lavon Chaisson falling to use.  In the crazy scenario to monitor list, what if Isaiah Simmons falls and we trade up to say the 10-12 range.

I am not high on him either, just tried to focus on the positive things he does. 

From what I have seen, he is a juiced up Patrick Onwuasor/Kenny Young. He can't read offenses at all and is so often out of place

37 minutes ago, Danand said:

I am not high on him either, just tried to focus on the positive things he does. 

From what I have seen, he is a juiced up Patrick Onwuasor/Kenny Young. He can't read offenses at all and is so often out of place

Yeah it’s baffling to me that legit analysts look at him and find him to be somehow a complete prospect.

I mean Greg Cosell finds him to be a better prospect than Patrick Queen is beyond me, Queen while not an intimidating tackler has legit sideline to sideline speed that he combines with legit LB instincts.

I mean I heard about Murray’s intangibles and I also find it to be nonsense, how were those Oklahoma defenses so terrible if he were this magnanimous leader?

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I mean Greg Cosell finds him to be a better prospect than Patrick Queen is beyond me, Queen while not an intimidating tackler has legit sideline to sideline speed that he combines with legit LB instincts.

If the scouts in Bob McGinn's articles are anything to go by, there are real doubts about Queen's ability to lead a defense, both from leadership and signal-calling perspectives (which is why he couldn't even get a starting spot this year until the guy in front of him on the depth chart got suspended), and at least one scout said Queen's agility wasn't all that good

10 minutes ago, drd23 said:

If the scouts in Bob McGinn's articles are anything to go by, there are real doubts about Queen's ability to lead a defense, both from leadership and signal-calling perspectives (which is why he couldn't even get a starting spot this year until the guy in front of him on the depth chart got suspended), and at least one scout said Queen's agility wasn't all that good

Oh I’m not saying he’s a 1st round pick, but I also don’t believe he’s worse than Murray. Scouts hoping for Murray, after years of starting will somehow gain instincts for the position are just falling into fools gold. Queen certainly has some flaws that weren’t otherwise as prominent to me the first time watching him, but you can’t teach football instincts. Murray also plays flat footed in coverage, he looks absolutely terrible there... he reminds me of how uncomfortable Kamalai Correa looked when dropping back into coverage, even with all his athletic abilities (when I compared him to Zack Baun).

Queen isn’t elite in coverage either but doesn’t play flat footed and looks natural in space, his issues in coverage I find to be “fixable”. His issues can be fixed with proper tape evaluation. He would certainly need someone to scoop him up and make sure he’s on his tape analysis and such but more exposure reading QBs and I can see obvious potential for improvements... he’s not both mechanically flawed and has a lot of Gametime experience in those flawed mechanics.