Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Draft Thread

coordinator0

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Tackling from the safety position is pretty important. The Ravens have placed quite a bit of importance on that too. Jefferson sucked, but he was supposed to be good at it based on his play at Arizona. Basically everyone else they've played there (besides an ancient Ed Reed) the past decade has been a competent tackler. I don't think Delpit is too high on their board.

I think Delpit gives you a similar skill set as neck impinged Ed Reed where he’s not the best tackler, but is a playmaker in coverage. Delpit also CAN tackle and was better at it in 2018 than 2019, his injury may have been part of the tackling. He was never as good as Antoine Winfield Jr as a tackler or even ever great but he was certainly capable in 2018. But at 6’3” and those 1on1 coverage skills and his ability to play cover 1... THAT gives us the flexibility to load up with ET and Clark. Making tackling on the backend less important.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think Delpit gives you a similar skill set as neck impinged Ed Reed where he’s not the best tackler, but is a playmaker in coverage. Delpit also CAN tackle and was better at it in 2018 than 2019, his injury may have been part of the tackling. He was never as good as Antoine Winfield Jr as a tackler or even ever great but he was certainly capable in 2018. But at 6’3” and those 1on1 coverage skills and his ability to play cover 1... THAT gives us the flexibility to load up with ET and Clark. Making tackling on the backend less important.

But if a faulty tackler is the guy in cover 1 then when a receiver does catch a ball behind the other defensive backs then you do have an issue.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like Delpit, because I actually would, but it doesn't seem like a move the Ravens make.

• Like 1

Justin Herbert seems like another Joe Flacco... whether he’s got the clutch gene or not I’m not sure.

Now this is where the draft should start getting interesting. This is a spot where we’ve heard Jerry Jeudy might go and start the WR run. Though the later the run starts probably the better.

Weird reference, but Justin Herbert reminds me of that sheriff from the movie Cabin Fever. The one that's constantly calling the main dude "party guy". On the DVD they had a hilarious feature that a lot of comedy movies from around that time started doing where if you didn't select anything from the menu for a long time, special dialogue and scenes would trigger. And they had a pretty memorable one with the sheriff character where he starts hooking up with these two party thots.

• Like 1