Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Draft Thread

coordinator0

There would absolutely be no shortage of Bermanisms for Patrick Queen:

"And the Ravens said, WE WILL ROCK YOU!"

"Patrick "She's a Killer" Queen!"

"And on the interception, rumblin, bumblin, BICYCLE! BICYCLE! he wants to ride his bicycle all the way to the end-zone for a pick-6!"

Something about fat bottom girls

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sp6488 said:

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm officially submitting my nomination for Justin Madubuike's nickname. 

'MURDERbuike'.

Also, it just hit me how many "Queen of the North" jokes we'll be treated to regarding Patrick Queen....strap in fellas. 

Probably prefer Murderbuike myself, but it might be too vicious for the sports shows to pick up on... as we know Garrett Downing/Ryan Mink... one or the other are on here scouting for material I’m sure.

That said I’ll submit my own to the covenant: Madubeastly Rex or simply Madubeastly. Perhaps save the extra “Rex” part for when it’s something REALLY primal where he just dismantles an All Pro IOL player or something.

Edit: This could also be pronounced with extra effect too like, MaDUbeastLay. Perhaps that leads to him being the MaduBeastSlay.

Avoid bringing a beast in his presence if you know what’s good for them... yeah, I think I might’ve taken this a little too far in thought. 😂

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

Couple things that are very apparent after the draft:

- There was never going to be a trade up for a WR. The FO clearly felt that in such a historic class it would be dumb to trade up for a receiver. Felt they could find impact later.

- It didn't matter who else fell to Dobbins pick. He was going to be the selection. Really seems like the team might've had a Top 20-30 grade on him. 

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Couple things that are very apparent after the draft:

- There was never going to be a trade up for a WR. The FO clearly felt that in such a historic class it would be dumb to trade up for a receiver. Felt they could find impact later.

- It didn't matter who else fell to Dobbins pick. He was going to be the selection. Really seems like the team might've had a Top 20-30 grade on him. 

Saw the DeCosta interview yesterday, and he took a little jab at the "data driven analysts" and once again emphasized, that Dobbins, CEH and another one I can't remember was really high on their board, so I think it is safe to assume, that those guys had 1. round grades.

I have to watch the Clemson game, because so many of the others games on Dobbins is against weak opponents who can't tackle and he has giant holes to run through.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danand said:

Saw the DeCosta interview yesterday, and he took a little jab at the "data driven analysts" and once again emphasized, that Dobbins, CEH and another one I can't remember was really high on their board, so I think it is safe to assume, that those guys had 1. round grades.

I have to watch the Clemson game, because so many of the others games on Dobbins is against weak opponents who can't tackle and he has giant holes to run through.

He shredded Clemson.

But beyond that JKD also played Wisconsin who finished with a similar rushing defense; 3.4 YPC to Clemson’s 3.3, but Wisconsin gave up less rushing yards overall and less first downs from the run. Both were top 10 defenses last college season.

46 minutes ago, Danand said:

He said they were really high on Dobbins, CEH, Taylor, and Swift. All of them had Round 1 caliber grades it seems.

Well with the way we run our offense, that first play (1 minute of the Clemson video), it is easy to see why our team like Dobbins. That outside linebacker has to respect his outside contain, and Dobbins really squeezes himself right up the gap running close to the butt on the oline. He has a single run with the sprained ankle where he shows some power, but other than that, it is two highlight plays where he uses some speed to make a big play, but it is through some big gaps in the defense.

I don't want to be overly negative, but that Wisconsin game didn't convince me, that we got a differencemaker which we didn't have already. There are a couple of nice runs, where he makes people miss, but he mostly exploits outside runs for bigger gains.

He was a huge liability in pass pro in this game

I think Dobbins realistic yet optimistic projection in terms of impact would be similar to the kind of play we saw from Mark Ingram in 2019. Maybe a slightly higher ceiling than that. I don't think the FO selected him thinking he would be the next LT or even Christian McCaffrey. 

JK isn't a special back. I don't even see him as an every 'situation' back. We don't really want him in there for the many times we run on 3rd & 1,2,3,4 or 4th & 1,2,3,4. He doesn't have the leg drive or raw power to constantly churn through NFL defenders. 

Doesn't mean he isn't a great runner though. Exceptional vision, burst, and a strong open field feel/move set will let him push 1K & change near every year. And he'll be the high end finesse option paired with a more power inclined rusher I'm sure we'll draft soon enough. I see him growing as a pass catch threat too.

3 hours ago, Danand said:

I don't want to be overly negative, but that Wisconsin game didn't convince me, that we got a differencemaker which we didn't have already. There are a couple of nice runs, where he makes people miss, but he mostly exploits outside runs for bigger gains.

He was a huge liability in pass pro in this game

I definitely saw that pass blocking and immediately went oof.. 

Positives are his one cut style is fierce. @ 7:15 of that video the play was my favorite of the game. If we can open up some small holes, this man doesn’t miss them or afraid to attack. 
I feel bad for secondaries in the NFL full of arm tacklers. They stand no shot against Dobbins. You best wrap his legs up if you want to stop him! Love the drive and power he has when he puts that foot in the ground

29 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think Dobbins realistic yet optimistic projection in terms of impact would be similar to the kind of play we saw from Mark Ingram in 2019. Maybe a slightly higher ceiling than that. I don't think the FO selected him thinking he would be the next LT or even Christian McCaffrey. 

JK isn't a special back. I don't even see him as an every 'situation' back. We don't really want him in there for the many times we run on 3rd & 1,2,3,4 or 4th & 1,2,3,4. He doesn't have the leg drive or raw power to constantly churn through NFL defenders. 

Doesn't mean he isn't a great runner though. Exceptional vision, burst, and a strong open field feel/move set will let him push 1K & change near every year. And he'll be the high end finesse option paired with a more power inclined rusher I'm sure we'll draft soon enough. I see him growing as a pass catch threat too.

I don't see that great vision to be honest. Obviously I haven't seen too much on him, but in that Wisconsin game - either due to lack of vision or patience, he ran into traffic when the outside/inside lane was open. 

I see a one cut runner who can get up field quick and has that slash n' dash ability while still being physical enough to break arm tackles

Dobbins was my fav RB in the draft and is the perfect fit for this team. Bring a little bit of everything as a runner IMO. Think he'll be 1B by the time the season is over. Kids brought it every year in college. Our scheme gets guys holes, we need players who can take advantage of the holes and I think Dobbins can do that better than any RB on our team rn.

Edited by M.10.E

2 hours ago, Danand said:

I don't see that great vision to be honest. Obviously I haven't seen too much on him, but in that Wisconsin game - either due to lack of vision or patience, he ran into traffic when the outside/inside lane was open. 

I see a one cut runner who can get up field quick and has that slash n' dash ability while still being physical enough to break arm tackles

Did you watch his runs in the second half of the Wisconsin game, he was making cuts in the middle of the handoff because backside was over pursuing. They were really selling out to stop him.

• Like 1