Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Draft Thread

coordinator0

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Is Grant Delpit the dark horse pick for us?

Where’d you hear that? But I absolutely think that could be the case. He’s an elite coverage defender and his only weakness is tackling. But he’s got range, he’s got coverage man to man, he’s got zone coverage, he can blitz well, he’s a great leader by all accounts. But yeah... that and the safety position is the position that’s least likely to bust from the first round. With all these QBs in this division now, having the most elite secondary pieces is incredibly important.

• Like 1

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Where’d you hear that? But I absolutely think that could be the case. He’s an elite coverage defender and his only weakness is tackling. But he’s got range, he’s got coverage man to man, he’s got zone coverage, he can blitz well, he’s a great leader by all accounts. But yeah... that and the safety position is the position that’s least likely to bust from the first round. With all these QBs in this division now, having the most elite secondary pieces is incredibly important.

Didn't really hear it anywhere, just seems like a guy we'd take. Young, Upside, SEC, Need. Could surprise people like the Marlon pick did a while back.

Tackling from the safety position is pretty important. The Ravens have placed quite a bit of importance on that too. Jefferson sucked, but he was supposed to be good at it based on his play at Arizona. Basically everyone else they've played there (besides an ancient Ed Reed) the past decade has been a competent tackler. I don't think Delpit is too high on their board.