5 years from now...who will be the 5 best players from the 2020 NFL Draft?

VanS

3 hours ago, VanS said:

Other than the 1989 draft, the best 5 players in a class are rarely all among the top 5-10 picks.  Its typically a couple in the Top 10, one in the teens, and a couple in the middle rounds.

Idk man look at the 2011 draft 

I see this one being similar to that one. 

I trust the top 15 of this draft will be pretty successful at panning out

For all of these players, it depends on where they go.

1) Devin Asiasi - Can block and catch passes ( a rare thing in this class of TE)

2) Zack Moss - He is just like James Connor without the injuries.

3) Robert Hunt - Absolute Road Grader

4) Laviska Shenault Jr. - Jerry Jeudy will make the best immediate impact because of his route running.  Shenault  will be better long term.

5) Lloyd Cushenberry III - Raw now but will be one of the best centers out of this (really good) class

Honorable mention: K'Lavon Chaisson if drafted as a 3-4 OLB

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Idk man look at the 2011 draft 

I see this one being similar to that one. 

I trust the top 15 of this draft will be pretty successful at panning out

Well you're banking on the exception then rather than the rule.  With that said, there's no chance this draft is anything like 2011.  That was an all-time great draft.  This one is below average.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Well you're banking on the exception then rather than the rule.  With that said, there's no chance this draft is anything like 2011.  That was an all-time great draft.  This one is below average.

Below average?

nah

this receiver class is legendary 

Anytime you have multiple franchise QBs your above average. A few really good corners. Great offense Lineman. Really solid running backs. 

it’s not great at tight end or pass rusher. But DT your very solid linebacker you have freaking Isaiah Simmons. 

I think your trippin

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Below average?

nah

this receiver class is legendary 

Anytime you have multiple franchise QBs your above average. A few really good corners. Great offense Lineman. Really solid running backs. 

it’s not great at tight end or pass rusher. But DT your very solid linebacker you have freaking Isaiah Simmons. 

I think your trippin

We'll see how it shakes out.  I rated the 2017 and 2018 drafts as all-time great classes.  While the 2019 and 2020 drafts were average to below average to me.  I've not been excited about this class at all.  Its honestly been hard to find many players I like outside of the WR position.   That's honestly the only position in this draft with quality depth.

Offense only

Burrow - qb

Mims-wr

Antonio Gibson - rb/wr

Taylor - RB

And then 5th im going to cheat and say one of:

Reagor-wr, Claypool-wr/te, or one of the other top RBs like Dobbins or Edwards-Helaire(this class is imo very underrated with a number of closely rated late first round level talents that could and should be able to start immediately) 

Not commenting on defense since the overwhelming majority of my fan "scouting" this draft has been offense, given how pathetic my Bears where on that side of the ball. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1