Zuk's first, and last, Quar mock

Zukhyubern

Hey all, it's been awhile. Have had way too much time on my hands since being laid off and can't focus on books so here I am. Obviously I have no idea how realistic these trades or selections are but I thought I'd go for something just a tad different here... Even if the trade values don't line up or are subjectively off in your opinion, you get the jist.

Denver sends #15, #77, #118 to ARIZONA for #8 overall 

#8 - Isaiah Simmons LB   Clemson

Gotta say, I’ve been enamored with this kid for quite some time. I love Lamb and Jeudy both but with the depth at WR I think the assumption this trade up is for a WR is just a smokescreen. I don’t see why we can’t shoot for a total stud playmaker on defense. That is still this team’s main calling card and Simmons fits right in perfectly. He gives Fangio tons of versatility obviously and could immediately be one of the best cover LBs in the game. He also reeks of team captain to me, something that Elway finds paramount at this point. 

Denver sends T Garret Bolles, #83 and a 2021 3rd round pick to JACKSONVILLE for #20 overall

Shocker! I know.. I’m not sold on our offensive line depth by any means. But I think Elway sees value here as Bolles has shown enough improvement to be considered a solid LT starter in this league and leverages this value to move up in the draft. This values him as a 3rd round pick which I think is fair.

#20 -  Justin Jefferson   WR LSU

I wouldn’t be at all shocked if Jefferson was picked before Ruggs tomorrow evening. Luckily, speed and hype tempt those higher up in the round and we jump at the chance to get a future star. Jefferson is a total stud and will be good for 1000+ yards and 10 TDs a year, mark my words. His speed might not look incredible, but he’s tough, catches everything and is surprisingly elusive and dept at route running. Elway is thrilled with Round 1 thus far…

#46 - Ezra Cleveland   T   Boise State

I think we’ve got ourselves a steal here… he’s in the mold of a classic Mike Shanahan LT: athletic, fast and nimble. He needs to add weight and improve technique to make up for his lack of functional strength, but he has excellent footwork and seems very coachable. 

#93 - Amik Robertson   CB   Louisiana Tech

Another prospect I love. He’s got a toughness and tenacity that fits squarely into what Fangio looks for in his CBs. Will immediately compete for the nickel corner slot and brings fierce competition into camp.

#178 - James Proche   WR   SMU

Possible sleeper pick right here but could definitely sneak into round four.. Has great hands. Needs refinement but is already a solid route runner and has tons of potential. 

#181 - Leki Fotu   DL   Utah

Will get plenty of reps his rookie year to give Casey breathers and will also get to learn from him in practice and in the meeting room. Incredibly powerful and sneakily athletic, I love his potential. 

#252 - Derrek Tuszka   EDGE   N. Dakota State

Obviously his name is in a lot of mocks around here and we’ve shown clear interest. Can never hurt to take a flier on Edge talent and this guy could be legit. Will never be the star that Von or Chubb are but will always play with a high motor and has freakish athleticism. 

#254 - Steven Montez   QB   Colorado

Gotta try for at least one hometown kid. I’ve always liked Montez even throughout his struggles. Has so many things that need to be worked on, but could be a worthwhile long term project. I can see him working his *** off on the PS for a year or two and actually having a shot to become Lock’s long-term backup. 

• Like 1

For the 1st pick you need to add a 3rd round to match the value.

For Jax pick's hummmmm....you have almost 100 pts for Jax 231 pts...........Bolles value here is 131 pts ? Whaouuuu keep him this is early 2nd round.

Ezra Cleveland will be the 5th OT in this draft and he will go late 1st round not middle 2nd

Your first 3 picks are all good but completely unrealistic for me.

The value of the first trade is a little generous, but not impossible if the Cards want to move down. The second trade is impossible. Bolles + those picks give you a total value of somewhere in the 2nd round. A package of 46, 77 and a 2021 3rd might get you close. 

Some really good players though. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I like this draft.  So, is Cleveland the LT solutions if you get rid of Bolles?  Or, is Wilkinson the guy?   

I think you leave it up to a camp battle to see who wins out, but I definitely see Cleveland as being that guy. 

I had a feeling the values were off. I used the trade chart and assumed future picks were devalued by about one round. Guess I was off. My point here is that I won't be upset if Elway reinvests surplus draft value + a guy like Bolles to get two first round picks. I just love Simmons also and think he would be excellent in our defense.