NFL Draft 2020 Discussion Thread

theJ

On 4/28/2020 at 1:36 PM, BengalsBite said:

I wonder if the bengals even went after Moss. His relationship with Burrow, being basically best friends, might have been a problem had they had to cut him. And if they didn’t cut him and he was like the last TE on the roster, some people in the locker room might think they only kept Moss because he’s best friends with Burrow. I just think it would have been safer to just let him go elsewhere than make him a priority to bring in given he’s an udfa and wasn’t someone being mentioned in the early round conversation. 

As for the udfa class we did sign, I am intrigued by Scotty Washington. He seems fun to watch. And he seems raw in my uneducated opinion

According to the reports. Thad had offers from Cincy, New England and Wash. He said he chose Washington over Cincy and NE, because they expressed interest in him first. As a thank you to them for offering him a deal first, he chose Washington. 

36 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

According to the reports. Thad had offers from Cincy, New England and Wash. He said he chose Washington over Cincy and NE, because they expressed interest in him first. As a thank you to them for offering him a deal first, he chose Washington. 

I'm not too bent out of shape missing out on Thad Moss.  A short TE who I don't think would have tested well at all based on how he looked on the field at LSU.

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm not too bent out of shape missing out on Thad Moss.  A short TE who I don't think would have tested well at all based on how he looked on the field at LSU.

Yeah i agree this is no big loss.  Plus, i think he'd be a long shot to usurp Cethan Carter or Mason Shreck anyway.  

It's not a big deal.  That position was basically set already.

22 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Agreed. I don’t think it’s a big loss or anything. I was just answering the question as to why he didn’t sign with us. 

• 4 months later...

stuff like this bothers me lol. we should have seen jonah jackson and tyler biadasz being good. don’t really remember knowing much about onwenu so I can’t speak about him. 

I do this with fantasy football where I look back at players that turned out good that I wasn’t high on or even the consensus to see why we maybe should have seen it coming. 

iirc, biadasz had injury concern so that’s probably why he dropped so far but I don’t think it was that bad to make him drop as far as he did 

Edited by BengalsBite

On 10/9/2020 at 11:54 PM, BengalsBite said:

stuff like this bothers me lol. we should have seen jonah jackson and tyler biadasz being good. don’t really remember knowing much about onwenu so I can’t speak about him. 

I do this with fantasy football where I look back at players that turned out good that I wasn’t high on or even the consensus to see why we maybe should have seen it coming. 

iirc, biadasz had injury concern so that’s probably why he dropped so far but I don’t think it was that bad to make him drop as far as he did 

Hindsight is wonderful.  You know who should have been a great pro based on what we new about them coming out, similar to Jackson and Biadasz?  Billy Price.  Jonah Jackson was viewed as someone who can start day one, but isn't likely to get better.  We could use both those guys, for sure.