NFL Draft 2020 Discussion Thread

theJ

48 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Rumor: Miami trying to acquire #3 and use both #3 and #5 to move to #1 

please Bengals don’t do it 

There were multiple sources yesterday indicating

A) the Bengals informed Joe in the last few days that he was the pick

B) Bengals aren't fielding offers for the #1 pick

It's not going to happen.  You can relax.

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

There were multiple sources yesterday indicating

A) the Bengals informed Joe in the last few days that he was the pick

B) Bengals aren't fielding offers for the #1 pick

It's not going to happen.  You can relax.

I know. It’s the pessimist in me 

8-8:20 is going to be chock full of awesomness, but as a Bengals fan, the rest of the night is going to be a bit anti-climactic.  Don't get me wrong, as an NFL fan i'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it, and I have my shadow team mock to think about as well (5 and 15), but it'll be weird not having that anticipation until the Bengals finally get to pick.

13 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I know. It’s the pessimist in me 

Years ago, the first and only time i played fantasy baseball, Brian McCann was having a monster season.  This dude in the league sent me trade offer after trade offer for him.  They were all awful.  But finally, just to get him off my back, i accepted one of them.  It was an awful deal for me.  But i had peace and quiet after that.

Moral of the story: there isn't one.  This just popped into my head.

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

8-8:20 is going to be chock full of awesomness, but as a Bengals fan, the rest of the night is going to be a bit anti-climactic.  Don't get me wrong, as an NFL fan i'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it, and I have my shadow team mock to think about as well (5 and 15), but it'll be weird not having that anticipation until the Bengals finally get to pick.

I'll probably tune in for the beginning, then play some NBA 2k13 after that.  Maybe check in every now and then.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Herbert sucks is why.

It was tough finding him a spot. If Miami is focused on Tua, and LAC passes on Herbert, it’s tough to find him a home anywhere.

Hyperbole.  He has the tools and is extremely intelligent.  Belichick would turn him into his QB for the next decade.  And he's the exact kind of QB needs to settle the "Brady or BB as the most important part of the dynasty" debate in the court of public opinion.  Herbert may have a Aaron Rogers kind of tumble, but I doubt he makes it that far.  We shall see.

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Hyperbole.  He has the tools and is extremely intelligent.  Belichick would turn him into his QB for the next decade.  And he's the exact kind of QB needs to settle the "Brady or BB as the most important part of the dynasty" debate in the court of public opinion.  Herbert may have a Aaron Rogers kind of tumble, but I doubt he makes it that far.  We shall see.

I really don’t like him as a prospect and don’t see the fascination with him. He’s a good athlete with a big frame and a big arm. We’ve seen it a hundred times before. He lacks the intricacies of the position that make QBs successful. He’s not a rhythmic passer, lacking touch and anticipation, while heavily relying on a one-dimensional fastball. He doesn’t have great pocket presence or an ability to extend the play - he mostly looks to take off and run. His accuracy is more sporadic than you’d like to see. He ran a gimmicky offense that mostly relied on screens and one-read plays. I don’t think he amounts to much of anything as a pro.

There are plenty of QBs who have tools and intelligence that bust - ask Mitch Trubisky, Jake Locker, or Josh Freeman. It takes more than that to be a successful QB, it doesn’t matter if your coach is Bill Belichek or not. 

Have you watched him play? What do you like about his film that translates to being a successful pro?