NFL Draft 2020 Discussion Thread

theJ

One of Denzel Mims, Josh Jones, Tee Higgins, Kristian Fulton, Xavier McKinney, Ross Blacklock, Jaylon Johnson and I’m a very happy man. 

You’ve got to think we lean offense for Burrow’s sake. My guess is it comes down to Mims and Jones. 

Edited by SmittyBacall

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

My guess is it comes down to Mims and Jones.

This seems to be internet consensus.  Or a trade down.

I'm cool with whatever, but stoked about either a tackle or wideout.  Both give Joe some support, and both can contribute day 1.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

This seems to be internet consensus.  Or a trade down.

I'm cool with whatever, but stoked about either a tackle or wideout.  Both give Joe some support, and both can contribute day 1.

Yeah. With Ezra Cleveland there as well, I think our best play is to move back 6-7-8 spots and take one of Jones/Mims or Cleveland if other 2 are gone. 

Cleveland isn't a plug and play RT.  Huge upside and very athletic, but he's not a finished product.  I just don't think they can pass on Jones or Mims, both of whom might be gone in 6-7-8 picks.  Jones is a plug and play RT with upside.  Mims could turn into a WR1 on the outside.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

That site has it so when you start the mock it auto-populates round 1 with the actual results, including the trades.

I took Josh Jones at 33 and some of the guys still on the board at 65:

Jonathan Taylor
Laviska Shenault
Bryan Edwards
Adam Trautman
Lucas Niang
Matt Peart
Lloyd Cushenberry
Neville Gallimore
Logan Wilson
Zack Baun
Malik Harrison
Willie Gay
Akeem Davis Gaither
Antoine Winfield
Jeremy Chinn
Ashtyn Davis

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

Mims or Jones, in that order.  Here's the thing, tho.  If we take Mims, we either take an OT at 65 or not bother at all this year.  We still need two LBs at some point, and we seem to love them in the third.  If we take Jones, we can grab good WRs in the third or fourth.

So if we go WR at 33

Mims

Wilson/Gay/Harrison

Davis Gaither

Antonio Gibson

If we go Jones....

Jones

Wilson/Harrison/Gay

Peoples Jones

Gibson

The otjer thing to consider is how does Dalton figure into this.  Can we package him to move up?  What about 65, Dalton and our fifth to Jax to move back up into the second?  In that case, we go Mims and then try to move back up for Jones or another OT

There are 5 OT I think could be reasonable contributors in this draft left

Josh Jones
Ezra Cleveland
Lucas Niang
Prince Tega Wanagho
Matt Peart

I don't think it's all that unlikely that all 5 go before 65.  If the Bengals have all those guys somewhat closely rated, then a trade back makes sense.  If they have Jones or Cleveland as clearly a tier or 2 higher than the other guys, then you have to make that pick