Are you smarter? V.2020

Time to put your money where your mouth is and post who you would take without the benefit of hindsight.

Take a look at how you did in years past (20192018201720152013201220112009)

Rules of the game:

No trades unless it has been reported (such as the broncos-Steelers trade last year) you can choose not to accept however. I.e you can’t make up your own trade (“ I would have gotten a 2021 1st to trade back”)

You can only take players available.

Be honest. If you have a guy you wanted in the 2nd round and he falls to the 4th, take him in the 2nd like you would have.

It’s best to do in real time but I understand that life can get in the way so try to do it as soon as possible.

Who would you take at each pick?

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 2

1.15: Jerry Jeudy

2.46: Josh Jones

3.77: Jordan Elliott

3.83: Lloyd Cushenberry 

3.95: Terrell Burgess

4.118: Bryce Hall

5.178: Quez Watkins

6.181: Prince Wanogho

7.252: Hunter Bryant

7.254: Steven Montez

EDIT: Just realized that I could be editing this post instead of making new ones for every pick. 

Edited by broncosfan_101
  • Like 1

#15: Jerry Jeudy: I had him and Lamb neck and neck. Personally preferred lambs style but if the broncos are taking Jeudy I’m assuming it’s a better scheme fit with the new scheme so I go with Jeudy here.

#46: Kristian Fulton: Top 25 player, great scheme fit, at a position of need. No brainer 

#77 Lynn Bowden, Slot, Kentucky: smart gadget player who is quick and fast, understands reading defenses, can play wildcat, and return kicks.

#83 Tyler Biadasz, OC, Wisconsin: I like Cushenberry. Love pre-injury TB. I’m higher on Morris than most and think it’s with the risk to roll for greatness at this point.

#95: Davion Taylor LB/S, CU: moneybacker who excels in coverage. With the TEs in this division we can find a way to get him onto the field 

#118: Amik Robertson, CB, La Tech: fiesty NB who plays through the whistle. Plays man and zone. Plays above his measurables.

#178: Netane Muti OG, Fresno St: round 1 play, PFA injury history. Worth the shot here.

#181: Trey Adams, OT, Wash: much like Muti, Adams showed round 1 play but has a PFA injury history. Worth the shot here.

#252: Hunter Bryant, TE, Wash: BPA by far at this point. We don’t really need another move TE but it can make for some fun formations 

#254: Derrek Tuszka, OLB, ND St: great prospect who had the tools to surprise. 

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

#15: Jerry Jeudy: I had him and Lamb neck and neck. Personally preferred lambs style but if the broncos are taking Jeudy I’m assuming it’s a better scheme fit with the new scheme so I go with Jeudy here.

Jeudy gets open better than Lamb, CeeDee is better in traffic and after the catch. I prefer the guy who gets open consistently.

• Like 2

Just now, broncosfan_101 said:

Jeudy gets open better than Lamb, CeeDee is better in traffic and after the catch. I prefer the guy who gets open consistently.

The argument can be made that in the NFL every catch is at least a little contested so the player who is better in that aspect will be the superior player. Don’t get me wrong, love Jeudy and very happy with him and I assume he’s a better fit for Shurmurs offense. But that’s why I personally preferred Lamb as a prospect.

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

The argument can be made that in the NFL every catch is at least a little contested so the player who is better in that aspect will be the superior player. Don’t get me wrong, love Jeudy and very happy with him and I assume he’s a better fit for Shurmurs offense. But that’s why I personally preferred Lamb as a prospect.

The flip side of that is, big windows in college become tight windows in the pros, tight windows in college close right up.