2020 NFL Draft

soflbillsfan

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Probably. Or gone off the rails and did something really random lol.

I could also have potentially saw us draft Mims. We seem to like him and he fits what we would want. Jefferson and Beasley would have competed for slot reps. 

34 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I could also have potentially saw us draft Mims. We seem to like him and he fits what we would want. Jefferson and Beasley would have competed for slot reps. 

I can't believe 6 WR's have gone and Mims isn't one of them.

Could be the Ravens pick here though.

Thought all told it was one of the least exciting 1st rounds in a long time. Jordan Love pick aside it was short on drama or storylines. 

For the Bills it went pretty well. The Dolphins seriously reached on 2 picks and whilst Beckton helps the Jets, he is hardly a polished LT, he is a risky pick. 

12 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

lol Gettleman putting a facemask on in his own house. In a room by himself 

He is in remission from cancer or still getting treatment, either way he is more prone to getting worse symptoms of COVID  then others. He has the espn/nfl network it guys around may not see them in the room but people were in it. 

After last night I am kind of disappointed the bills made the trade. I do like diggs but I would have preferred giving up a 3rd rd pick and land Lamb by moving up with a team like Atlanta as the CB could have been there come their pick. I would have also been good with trading up to get chaisson who wouldnt have gone much. I actually like what the Jags did they were gifted again in back to back drafts with one of the better pass rushers in the drafts. 

Tua is going to be concerning to deal with if he gets hurt they are set back a few years however if he doesnt they may have a good pick here. As for the OT and CB both guys were projected 2-3 rd picks so I am not sure why they made that move. I am surprised they didnt go Ruiz with 18 and then Jackson at 26. Drafting a corner in the 1st, you have the 2 of the top 5 highest paid corners in the league and you spend the pick on him who isnt even a projected 1st rd pick? Didnt get that, even if he plays in the slot that is not a need right now for them they could have had a better draft and I am glad they still have grier cause he tends to miss a lot.

Jets land a big boy on OL not a flashy pick like Jeudy or Lamb but this will help Darnold with the Ghosts he has been seeing.

Pats do not get the trade back, they dropped 15 spots to only collect a 3rd rd pick? They need talent so I am not sure what they are doing its not like they still have Brady to mask their inferior talent.

For tonight a ton of possibilities out there: Wr Mims, Higgins, Shenault, Pittman, Claypool RB: Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Akers DB: Mckinney, Winfield Jr, Delpit, Diggs, Dugger

These are the guys I would like. If they go and get Epenesa or Matos I will be disappointed as the other guys would be more impactful then these two short term and long term.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

After last night I am kind of disappointed the bills made the trade. I do like diggs but I would have preferred giving up a 3rd rd pick and land Lamb by moving up with a team like Atlanta as the CB could have been there come their pick. I would have also been good with trading up to get chaisson who wouldnt have gone much. I actually like what the Jags did they were gifted again in back to back drafts with one of the better pass rushers in the drafts. 

Tua is going to be concerning to deal with if he gets hurt they are set back a few years however if he doesnt they may have a good pick here. As for the OT and CB both guys were projected 2-3 rd picks so I am not sure why they made that move. I am surprised they didnt go Ruiz with 18 and then Jackson at 26. Drafting a corner in the 1st, you have the 2 of the top 5 highest paid corners in the league and you spend the pick on him who isnt even a projected 1st rd pick? Didnt get that, even if he plays in the slot that is not a need right now for them they could have had a better draft and I am glad they still have grier cause he tends to miss a lot.

Jets land a big boy on OL not a flashy pick like Jeudy or Lamb but this will help Darnold with the Ghosts he has been seeing.

Pats do not get the trade back, they dropped 15 spots to only collect a 3rd rd pick? They need talent so I am not sure what they are doing its not like they still have Brady to mask their inferior talent.

For tonight a ton of possibilities out there: Wr Mims, Higgins, Shenault, Pittman, Claypool RB: Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Akers DB: Mckinney, Winfield Jr, Delpit, Diggs, Dugger

These are the guys I would like. If they go and get Epenesa or Matos I will be disappointed as the other guys would be more impactful then these two short term and long term.

What????????? If anything the trade looks better. We would’ve had to give up more for an unproven rookie than we did for a proven top 15 WR that’s fits what we want to do to a T. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

After last night I am kind of disappointed the bills made the trade. I do like diggs but I would have preferred giving up a 3rd rd pick and land Lamb by moving up with a team like Atlanta as the CB could have been there come their pick.

No way of knowing Lamb would fall and certainly no way of knowing whether Atlanta or anyone would have made the trade with us when he did slide. 

On paper the trade Buffalo did would have only netted them the 18th pick. 

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

What????????? If anything the trade looks better. We would’ve had to give up more for an unproven rookie than we did for a proven top 15 WR that’s fits what we want to do to a T. 

unproven rookie but expectations of him being a #1 right out of the gate is there as he is a great route runner, great hands, and is a big play making ability in Lamb. The cost would have saved the bills $8+ mil a year too on a rookie contract. Who knows how soon Diggs will demand a new contract with guarantees involved where a rookie is locked in for 4 years. a 5th 6th and future 4th is equal if not more then what the 3rd rd would have cost to move up a few spots. Yes Diggs is a less risky move but the ceiling could be greater on Lamb then Diggs is now.

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

unproven rookie but expectations of him being a #1 right out of the gate is there as he is a great route runner, great hands, and is a big play making ability in Lamb. The cost would have saved the bills $8+ mil a year too on a rookie contract. Who knows how soon Diggs will demand a new contract with guarantees involved where a rookie is locked in for 4 years. a 5th 6th and future 4th is equal if not more then what the 3rd rd would have cost to move up a few spots. Yes Diggs is a less risky move but the ceiling could be greater on Lamb then Diggs is now.

Is the ceiling greater? I don’t think that’s true.