2020 NFL Draft

soflbillsfan

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

He is an ideal backup. Super smart kid who will help in the QB room every week. Definitely help Allen prepare for opponents. He doesnt have the skillset but he has a ton of IQ. Fromm can come in and not lose you games. He will be nothing special but solid. Thats what you want out of a backup. 

My favorite part of this pick is in a few years we can hype him up and trade him. Patriots are notorious for trading crappy backups and get a lot in return. Lets take a page from BB playbook.

No, cause an ideal backup would be good at playing football at some level, Fromm sucks.

The fromm was necessary pick, people can knock him but he did a stellar job when going for the national championship losing 5 offensive weapons and olineman after his soph year took a big hit on his production last year. If people think Barkley is the answer as back up is nuts just watch week 17 against the jets he just looked pathetic and I am glad they brought in cheap competition.

Same goes with Bass they need competition as Hausch struggled last year at times.

Bills can only draft the same position over and over but the 53 or now 55 man roster is pretty much locked in, they addressed some needs during fa and filling the holes players left. The chances of a Wr or dlineman drafted in the 5-7 rounds will not make the roster and will get little reps to see how they will do so it is tough for this team to figure this out. For once in over 25 years the bills roster was pretty much set and they looked to add talent in the early rounds and now they are adding competition in some areas such as qb and k. I think bills will keep 3 qbs this year as the roster is expanding to 55 so why not hold on to fromm. 

I am also a firm believer that if you can afford to draft a qb every year do so that way you can see what traits they have, if that is something they can work with and either plan for them to back up Allen long term or look at them as a trade bait in future drafts. Fromm may have been a 5th year this year but 3 years from now he could be a 2nd or 3rd. All in all I cant get mad at beane for this competition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I've seen a few people say Buffalo never scouted Georgia or that Beane hadn't seen any film on him. I'm guessing that is untrue. 

Yeah definitely has to be untrue... we took a look at Swift. Especially when we still had the 22nd overall pick... so im sure we saw Fromm a lot just from tape on Swift

Edited by marshawn lynch

I feel like most of our picks are guys with low ceilings, but high floors. I think Beane wants as many guys as possible to contribute right away since we don't have a lot of roster spots available and he thinks our window to contend is right now. None of the picks have blown me away, but almost all of them are good football players that can fill roles right away. Overall pretty solid draft.