2020 NFL Draft

soflbillsfan

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Ok so which receivers are we keeping?

Hodgins, Duke, McKenzie, Roberts, Mcloud and Foster are all fighting for 2-3 roster spots IMO.

If Foster or McLoud can prove themselves as a returner this pre-season, Roberts will be gone because of age, contract and offers little as actual WR.

Jake Fromm is a leader. A dog. And tons of heart. Best Pocket Presence of the class too. #2 Football IQ behind Burrow. Arm is below average, yeah, but that's mostly his only flaw. He's really really good in every other aspect. I'm not saying there's a QB Battle, Josh Allen should be the starter the first 5-7 games of the year no matter what. Fromm is more than a backup though, that dude is an excellent insurance plan for a Super Bowl run.

Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Jake Fromm is a leader. A dog. And tons of heart. Best Pocket Presence of the class too. #2 Football IQ behind Burrow. Arm is below average, yeah, but that's mostly his only flaw. He's really really good in every other aspect. I'm not saying there's a QB Battle, Josh Allen should be the starter the first 5-7 games of the year no matter what. Fromm is more than a backup though, that dude is an excellent insurance plan for a Super Bowl run.

Just my two cents.

Josh Allen has all of that in just his left foot. Talk about a dog, JA is the epitome of that on the football field, heart, leader, intangibles Josh Allen is fantastic, couldn’t have asked for anything better, he has teammates ready to go to war with him every single game. He’s also incredibly intelligent, the issue at times is he tries to take over and become a one man band, hopefully as talent around him begins to grow (as it did last year) he keeps improving. If the dude could hit a deep ball he’d be a top 10 QB. Big boy needs to get some air under his bombs like he was doing with Robert Foster towards the end of 2018.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Josh Allen has all of that in just his left foot. Talk about a dog, JA is the epitome of that on the football field, heart, leader, intangibles Josh Allen is fantastic, couldn’t have asked for anything better, he has teammates ready to go to war with him every single game. He’s also incredibly intelligent, the issue at times is he tries to take over and become a one man band, hopefully as talent around him begins to grow (as it did last year) he keeps improving. If the dude could hit a deep ball he’d be a top 10 QB. Big boy needs to get some air under his bombs like he was doing with Robert Foster towards the end of 2018.

I’m not trying to make this a negative Josh Allen thread. Was hyping up Fromm as a solid insurance plan, and not just a backup. 

But Allen does have more accuracy issues than just deep balls, that’s a really bias analysis. He finished 58% accuracy last year which was horrible and also was missing intermediate throws left and right in the playoff game. Top 12 QB play and they easily win the entire Super Bowl. This is a make or break year for Allen. No, he hasn’t “made” it yet. 

Alright... I’ll bow out of here before I get bombarded by Bills Fans.

Rooting for you guys to win the AFC this year though. 

• Like 2

Been watching your team sometimes since the Bills drafted Josh Allen and signed Frank Gore.

Your team had a dynamite draft, IMO. 

My fave picks of yours were Epenesa, Moss and Hodgins.

As of today, our teams have a little in common in our drafts: we both traded for vets. We just did it much later. I hope Williams pans out for us and Diggs for you guys. 

14 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Been watching your team sometimes since the Bills drafted Josh Allen and signed Frank Gore.

Your team had a dynamite draft, IMO. 

My fave picks of yours were Epenesa, Moss and Hodgins.

As of today, our teams have a little in common in our drafts: we both traded for vets. We just did it much later. I hope Williams pans out for us and Diggs for you guys. 

Thanks! Loved the Diggs pick up, one of my favorite players in the league and should help JA where he needs it most...vertically. 

If we only give Allen half of a season to come full circle before people start yelling for Fromm (or any other QB) this franchise is just doomed to be what it always has been for the last 20+ years. Kid hasn’t even played two full seasons. The desire for immediate results is going to kill his potential. So many great QBs took time to develop and become great but let’s give JA 2 years or he’s out. Dumb af. 

22 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Ok so which receivers are we keeping?

Im hoping it looks like this

SE- Stefon Diggs / Isaiah Hodgins

SL- Cole Beasley / Isaiah McKenzie (returner)

FL- John Brown / Gabriel Davis

The addition of Davis decided the fate of Foster. Foster was fast but couldnt play the ball. Davis isnt nearly as fast but is a good deep target cause he knows how to play the ball and go up and get the deep passes.

The real question is who will win out between Hodgins and Duke. Duke showed that his big body comes in handy in our offense but he had some key drops. One in the playoffs. Hodgins has a big frame and doesnt drop anything. 

Also wouldn't surprise me if Andre Roberts beats out McKenzie. However i like McKenzie more. He provides better offense and is just as electric on special teams. Only reason we brought in Roberts is because McKenzie had fumble issues. But after last year he looked to have corrected it and im willing to use McKenzie as a returner again. However i think coaches prefer Roberts.