Jump to content
soflbillsfan

2020 NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not trying to make this a negative Josh Allen thread. Was hyping up Fromm as a solid insurance plan, and not just a backup. 

Maybe not but when you say things like "Allen should be the starter for 5-7 games" and imply that Fromm could or should unseat him after that, that is going to prompt some fiery response from Bills fans.

Keeping with that theme:

58% last year but up from 52% as a rookie and I can find hundreds of post from people saying he'd never get close to 60. Allen was under pressure the 3rd most of any QB in the NFL per ESPN. According to PFR Allen had the highest drop percentage in the league (7.2%). And as bigbadbuf pointed out, Allen was a top 5 passer from the 11-20 yard range, which was the area most analysts were concerned with leading up to the draft. 

Now, no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Allen needs to improve in several areas and is far from a finished product. Consistency is a huge issue with him. But for a pre-conceived bust who at minimum should sit for two years, I am pretty happy with what he's shown and done for the Bills. Year 3 is a huge year for him and the offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Also wouldn't surprise me if Andre Roberts beats out McKenzie. However i like McKenzie more. He provides better offense and is just as electric on special teams. Only reason we brought in Roberts is because McKenzie had fumble issues. But after last year he looked to have corrected it and im willing to use McKenzie as a returner again. However i think coaches prefer Roberts.

Mckenzie will have to come a long way to be on the level of Roberts as a returner. The staff doesn't trust him back there. I think the bigger hurdle for Roberts making the roster could be the ability of Taiwan Jones as a KR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Maybe not but when you say things like "Allen should be the starter for 5-7 games" and imply that Fromm could or should unseat him after that, that is going to prompt some fiery response from Bills fans.

Keeping with that theme:

58% last year but up from 52% as a rookie and I can find hundreds of post from people saying he'd never get close to 60. Allen was under pressure the 3rd most of any QB in the NFL per ESPN. According to PFR Allen had the highest drop percentage in the league (7.2%). And as bigbadbuf pointed out, Allen was a top 5 passer from the 11-20 yard range, which was the area most analysts were concerned with leading up to the draft. 

Now, no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Allen needs to improve in several areas and is far from a finished product. Consistency is a huge issue with him. But for a pre-conceived bust who at minimum should sit for two years, I am pretty happy with what he's shown and done for the Bills. Year 3 is a huge year for him and the offense. 

This is out of context, though. Allen being the starter for 5-7 games is a minimum. It’s basically a worst possible case scenario if Allen is performing like a Bottom 5 QB, which he probably won’t. If you guys are 4-3 and Allen is like the worst QB in the league, it’s not exactly far fetched they’d pull him. 
 

What’s more realistic is that Allen is around 22-24 range and the Bills are 8-4, Fromm somehow, someway, gets into the game and out performs Allen. 
 

Obviously I hope Allen does well and this doesn’t happen at all. Just saying Fromm is a nice insurance plan to any Super Bowl Contender and Josh Allen is not a proven commodity yet, no matter how hard Bills fans try to make him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What’s more realistic is that Allen is around 22-24 range and the Bills are 8-4, Fromm somehow, someway, gets into the game and out performs Allen. 

Josh Allen is not a proven commodity yet, no matter how hard Bills fans try to make him. 

Lol I mean lets wait and see if Fromm even makes the roster let alone is the QB2 before saying this is realistic.

As for the bolded. I don't really think anyone is suggesting otherwise. People just confuse sticking up for misconceived notions or blinded hate with blinded bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im loving the comparison Jake Fromm is getting... saying he is the next Kellen Moore. Super high football IQ without the physical abilities. Says we drafted another QB coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fromm sucks, he's sucked his entire career and I will die on the "he sucks and drafting him was equivalent of lighting the pick on fire" hill. Andy Dalton would have been far, far better and cost less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-04-25 at 9:50 PM, BayRaider said:

Jake Fromm is a leader. A dog. And tons of heart. Best Pocket Presence of the class too. #2 Football IQ behind Burrow. Arm is below average, yeah, but that's mostly his only flaw. He's really really good in every other aspect. I'm not saying there's a QB Battle, Josh Allen should be the starter the first 5-7 games of the year no matter what. Fromm is more than a backup though, that dude is an excellent insurance plan for a Super Bowl run.

Just my two cents.

I dont get this, Josh is a great leader, a dog, tons of heart, meh pocket presence but can crack a game open with his legs and has a golden arm lol

I'm hoping everything you believe is true so we can eventually flip Fromm into a day 1 pick down the road 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 6:11 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

CBS has our draft grades 

Epenesa - A

Moss - B-

Davis - A

Fromm - B+

Bass - F

Hodgins - A-

Factor in Diggs for our 1st and looks like another very successful draft for our regime at least on paper. Havent seen any negative press either 

I may have missed it but why an F for a kicker? Hausch cost us the Browns game last year, he is mainly clutch with inside the 40 but extremely suspect on longer ones. This kid has a leg and can boot it. This is also giving Hausch some competition in camp that is greatly needed. So I cant knock this pick in any way. Financially it is not massive but it can clear about 1.8 mil if Bass does unseat Hausch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is out of context, though. Allen being the starter for 5-7 games is a minimum. It’s basically a worst possible case scenario if Allen is performing like a Bottom 5 QB, which he probably won’t. If you guys are 4-3 and Allen is like the worst QB in the league, it’s not exactly far fetched they’d pull him. 
 

What’s more realistic is that Allen is around 22-24 range and the Bills are 8-4, Fromm somehow, someway, gets into the game and out performs Allen. 
 

Obviously I hope Allen does well and this doesn’t happen at all. Just saying Fromm is a nice insurance plan to any Super Bowl Contender and Josh Allen is not a proven commodity yet, no matter how hard Bills fans try to make him. 

Yea I am sorry but Allen is going no where, there is no question about whether he struggles or not that Fromm will come in this season Allen will play all 16 games if he isnt injured and the season starts on time. This move was simply to grow a rookie qb to compete against barkley this year. Fromm is good and I like him but he is coming in for one particular reason and that is to be a cheap option to back up Allen. He is not coming in to compete against him. Bills will then have a back up plan if they cant get Allen signed to a 2nd contract. Fromm can then be either the starter at that time if the bills want to go in a different direction. If bills stick with Allen then Fromm can be expendable once his contract is soon to expire and the bills can move him for a higher pick then what they wanted from him. Fromm needs to start preparing to beat out Barkley at this point.  Are you saying in Jets threads that Morgan is going to be taken Darnold's job? Or to Phillys thread saying Hurts is going to take Wentz job? Both teams took qbs higher then the bills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is out of context, though. Allen being the starter for 5-7 games is a minimum. It’s basically a worst possible case scenario if Allen is performing like a Bottom 5 QB, which he probably won’t. If you guys are 4-3 and Allen is like the worst QB in the league, it’s not exactly far fetched they’d pull him. 
 

What’s more realistic is that Allen is around 22-24 range and the Bills are 8-4, Fromm somehow, someway, gets into the game and out performs Allen. 
 

Obviously I hope Allen does well and this doesn’t happen at all. Just saying Fromm is a nice insurance plan to any Super Bowl Contender and Josh Allen is not a proven commodity yet, no matter how hard Bills fans try to make him. 

This is nonsense. Fromm is a good backup and a good grab in the 5th but he’s not a starter. Heck, in COLLEGE, the best case for coaches was to not make Fromm win games with his arm. That should pretty much tell you all you need to know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, BayRaider said:

Was hyping up Fromm as a solid insurance plan, and not just a backup. 

Was this a "Jake Fromm State Farm" joke? If so, it was hilarious. (If not, don't mind me, just passing through...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×