2020 NFL Draft

soflbillsfan

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Murphy is going to be moved cause that is 8 mil in cap savings that will be rolled over to next year. Jefferson Epenesa and Johnson will fill the LDE while Mario and hughes will be on the RDE. This wasnt a necessary pick but it is what it is and the best thing to do is let murphy walk or try to move him during camp but murphy is good as gone just a matter of when

The bills now have 10 dlineman plus the 3 that are camp bodies and maybe psquad guys

I think we see Jefferson at 3T more then End.

We may move on from Murphy but we certainly don't have too and I wouldn't be shocked if he on the final 53. Edge was definitely a need. I don't agree with your assessment of not being necessary. 

Edited by Trentwannabe
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think we see Jefferson at 3T for then End.

We may move on from Murphy but we certainly don't have too and I wouldn't be shocked if he on the final 53. Edge was definitely a need. I don't agree with your assessment of not being necessary. 

Jefferson came in because he is versatile and able to play 3 tech and LDE. The bills have 59 mil invested in 2020 on dlineman that is almost 1/3 of cap locked in on 4 positions that is why I am frustrated with the pick. The bills have to keep hughes and star from previous contracts. Then you have Harrison Phillips who has taken a positive step forward at DT. You draft Ed Oliver last year to play 3DT. You then bring in Mario, Jefferson, and Butler in FA this year. Butler will most likely line up at the 1DT but will slide to 3DT in jumbo sets and Jefferson will likely swing outside while Ed is playing inside. You tell me why Murphy is worth keeping now when that 8 mil can be rolled over to next year to sign a guy like Dawkins or Tre? 

Edge is a need but this guy isnt anything special he wont be getting 8+ sacks a year, your lucky to get 4-6 with this guy if that. I hope im wrong but I dont see this a wow pick. I didnt have dobbins high on my RB list but that would have been a home run pick over this one, Mims would have been nice too. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

17 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Agreed. People are so quick to want to dump Murphy. But why? McDermott wan'ts 4 DE's to rotate and now with Addison/Hughes on one side and Murphy/Epenesa on the other, we're in great shape. 

All the good teams rotate DL like crazy, we've got stupid depth there now, it went from being a weakness to our biggest strength so easily. We got a top-20 talent in the back of the 2nd. He's better than Shaq.

This pick helps us out in the future as well. Age on the DL was becoming an issue, with several likely gone in 1-2 years. This is a good kid, who plays well and isn't some silly little tweener. This just protects our DL strength for future seasons and allows us to continue building our team without panicking over severe needs.

Edited by Yibbyl

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

All the good teams rotate DL like crazy, we've got stupid depth there now, it went from being a weakness to our biggest strength so easily. We got a top-20 talent in the back of the 2nd. He's better than Shaq.

I dont know why you guys compare him to shaq they play two different positions. He is a left end shaq played right end.

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Jefferson came in because he is versatile and able to play 3 tech and LDE. The bills have 59 mil invested in 2020 on dlineman that is almost 1/3 of cap locked in on 4 positions that is why I am frustrated with the pick. The bills have to keep hughes and star from previous contracts. Then you have Harrison Phillips who has taken a positive step forward at DT. You draft Ed Oliver last year to play 3DT. You then bring in Mario, Jefferson, and Butler in FA this year. Butler will most likely line up at the 1DT but will slide to 3DT in jumbo sets and Jefferson will likely swing outside while Ed is playing inside. You tell me why Murphy is worth keeping now when that 8 mil can be rolled over to next year to sign a guy like Dawkins or Tre? 

While the investment is big for 2020, it'll be basically nothing next year when Star, Butler, Murphy and maybe even Hughes are gone. A big investment is okay right now when you have a QB on a rookie deal.

Let's say we drafted Mims or Dobbins and never took a DE. Day 1 of camp Addison tears his ACL. Week 3 Hughes has a concussion.

Now week 4 your starting DE's are Daryl Johnson and Trent Murphy. Oh but wait we cut Murphy because he was owed 8 million on a team that isn't cap strung now or next season. 

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont know why you guys compare him to shaq they play two different positions. He is a left end shaq played right end.

Lawson played on both sides.

Ill leave at this the bills were ranked 2/3 in defense last year they added 3 guys to the dline while losing 2 before the draft. Bills total off yards was 24th last year and 23rd on points scored. Needed to continue to add to that offense to get scoring up, in order to hang with Baltimore and KC both top 5 in offense. Thats why I think the pick wasnt necessary, my mind wont change on it and I know you guys wont change on it so Ill leave it as is and hope he becomes a beast and proves me wrong. I look forward to pick 86.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

While the investment is big for 2020, it'll be basically nothing next year when Star, Butler, Murphy and maybe even Hughes are gone. A big investment is okay right now when you have a QB on a rookie deal.

Let's say we drafted Mims or Dobbins and never took a DE. Day 1 of camp Addison tears his ACL. Week 3 Hughes has a concussion.

Now week 4 your starting DE's are Daryl Johnson and Trent Murphy. Oh but wait we cut Murphy because he was owed 8 million on a team that isn't cap strung now or next season. 

Lawson played on both sides.

we can say the same thing with diggs and brown you cant predict Injuries. That is just silly. Also butler is locked in for 2 years wouldnt make sense to dump him unless he sucks

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ill leave at this the bills were ranked 2/3 in defense last year they added 3 guys to the dline while losing 2 before the draft. Bills total off yards was 24th last year and 23rd on points scored. Needed to continue to add to that offense to get scoring up, in order to hang with Baltimore and KC both top 5 in offense. Thats why I think the pick wasnt necessary, my mind wont change on it and I know you guys wont change on it so Ill leave it as is and hope he becomes a beast and proves me wrong. I look forward to pick 86.

Mims doesn't meet what we needed from the position at his spot, you can never have enough defense or talent on the DL. And we've still got a ton of guard talent to supplement. Plenty of talent left.