Alt History Game - What if?

dll2000

I normally hate most if only conversations because they are so much pointless crying over spilt milk.  How many times can we wail over not drafting Mahomes?  So I don’t want to talk about that.  

So how about a happier scenario that worked out okay so far.  Not perfect but not bad either.  What if Bears didn’t trade for Mack?  What would have happened last 2 years?

Some of you are home and bored today waiting for draft.  Here is an exercise for you for our entertainment.

Keep in mind I believe GB was runner up in the trade.

What would 2018 and 2019 been like?  Who would have been our likely draft picks (can’t rightly assume we would have made great choices, but maybe)?  Our free agents? How would it have changed GB?  How would we have solved our poor edge play without Mack?  

They probably would've won 2 less games without Mack. Last year would've been 1 or 2 less wins, also.

They probably would've used ~23 last year on Montez Sweat (who went 28) because without Mack, they would've realized that their pass rush is garbage. Maybe Josh Jacobs would've been an option, too, since they apparently felt the need to trade up last year for an RB.

This year they would be looking at someone like Henderson, Jefferson, Gross Matos or Love at ~15 or even a trade up from ~15 into the top 10 for a QB.

Oh, and Fangio would still be the DC.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

So how about a happier scenario that worked out okay so far.  Not perfect but not bad either.  What if Bears didn’t trade for Mack?  What would have happened last 2 years?

Thank God the thread isn't more far reaching than that. That'd be profoundly depressing. 

I don't how to answer the question. Mack was, essentially, average last season. Hopefully that changes. If it doesn't, the trade will end up as one of the worst in NFL history. 

16 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

They probably would've won 2 less games without Mack. Last year would've been 1 or 2 less wins, also.

They probably would've used ~23 last year on Montez Sweat (who went 28) because without Mack, they would've realized that their pass rush is garbage. Maybe Josh Jacobs would've been an option, too, since they apparently felt the need to trade up last year for an RB.

This year they would be looking at someone like Henderson, Jefferson, Gross Matos or Love at ~15 or even a trade up from ~15 into the top 10 for a QB.

Oh, and Fangio would still be the DC.

I think 2018 would be 4 games or more down. Without him we go 1-3 in the first 4 IMO, find a way to lose to LAR and GB again, etc. Just made a massive difference for everyone. 

• Like 1