Draft Day Itch Final Mock

GWH87

Final Mock OffSeason before 2020 Packers Draft, hope you enjoy it:

Trade Back: Colts 30 + 62 + Future 3rd & 209 for 34 & 44 {sorry boys no fun to be had tonight, but we celebrate twice tomorrow}

Trade up: Chargers 136 + 175 + L Taylor for 112 & 151 {Chargers need Oline depth, this exchange helps that}

Giants: J Jackson + Future Cond 5/6th in 2021 for E Ingram {Giants need DB help, Ingram has worn out his welcome in NY, MLF wants another toy for Arod}

(34) Brandon Aiyuk - WR - ASU: Why, I see Greg Jennings, I want that and so will Arod. Tae and coaches will fine tune pieces to make him a steal in this deep WR draft.

(44) Ross Blacklock - DL - TCU: Why, Dline needs a jolt and Clark needs some help. Blacklock holds up against the run but generates some good gap pressure.

(94) Ben Bartch - OL - St Johns: Why, Has the movement we need in a RT, heavy hands and a year to grow behind Wagner, get stronger and process that much better.

(112) Reggie Robinson - DB - Tulsa:  Why, Insurance with King next offseason getting overpaid. Dude has great tools, football sense and balls skills. Yes please!

(151) Derek Tuszka - Edge - N Dakota St: Why, Hot motor, playmaker and development edge guy to get some spot snaps and kill it on special teams.

(192) Shaq Quarterman - LB - Miami: Why, roll based run filler for sub packages. Upgrade over Goodson the way I see it.

(208) Tanner Muse - S - Clemson: Why, fits the mold of our nickle package needs, toy to see if he fits the Pettine mold. 

(23/6) Joe Reed - WR - Virginia: Why, Special teams return monster, toy from slot like a poor poor mans Deebo. MLF will find a way to have fun with him.

(242) Bronson Rechsteiner - FB - Kennesaw St: Why, Vitale 2.0 with speed, hands and could be a great special teams ace/captain.

Post Draft Signings:

Tramon - Leadership, guy still has it and gets Robinson ready to start next year. Love me Tramon in the slot.

Snacks - Why, run downs. We limit his snaps and use him against run heavy teams to save face best we can and keep our LBs free to make plays

Failed Physical: Fuchs, don’t believe he will pass it so taking him off the roster. Why - it’s taken too long already and opens our cap for below signings.

Arod/Boyle

Rechsteiner

Jones/Williams/Ervin

Tae/Aiyuk/Lazard/EQ/Bagelton/Reed

Jace/BigGuy/Ingram/Tonyon

Bahk/Jenkins/Linsley/Turner/Wagner/Patrick/Bartch/Madison/Light

Clark/Blacklock/Snacks/Keke/Willis/Lowry

Z/Preston/Gary/Tuszka

Kirk/Shaq/Summers/Burks

Jaire/King/Tramon/Robinson/Sullivan/Hollman

Amos/Savage/Greene/Muse/Redmon

Crosby/Bradley/Scott

GO PACK GO!

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I love everything done on day 3 and I don't mind the trade ups at all. Day 1 and 2, I hate. Aiyuk is the most overrated WR in this draft because of the offense in which he played and the defenses he faced. He needs a ton of space in which to work that he won't get in the league and will bust as a result. We look for guys who can line up at any WR position on the field and Aiyuk will be limited to just the slot given his quick first step. Blacklock is kind of in the same boat at his position and greatly benefits from such a weak draft class. If we select him, it'll be very clear that Pettine is playing the Dom Capers game where he wants the offense to carry the team while his defense is designed to do one thing: rush the passer and f-all to the run game that knocked us out of the playoffs in embarrassing fashion. Bartch is a bit of a reach although I like the prospect. 

That said, I'd be more than happy to reach on a guy like Tuszka in the 5th. He had 13.5 sacks last year, ran a 6.87 3-cone at 6-4 251, and has the upper body strength to win the leverage game. Dude's a diamond in the rough. Also a Tanner Muse guy like @vegas492, and I think Reggie Robinson could reach his full potential with us being able to develop behind Kevin King.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I love everything done on day 3 and I don't mind the trade ups at all. Day 1 and 2, I hate. Aiyuk is the most overrated WR in this draft because of the offense in which he played and the defenses he faced. He needs a ton of space in which to work that he won't get in the league and will bust as a result. We look for guys who can line up at any WR position on the field and Aiyuk will be limited to just the slot given his quick first step. Blacklock is kind of in the same boat at his position and greatly benefits from such a weak draft class. If we select him, it'll be very clear that Pettine is playing the Dom Capers game where he wants the offense to carry the team while his defense is designed to do one thing: rush the passer and f-all to the run game that knocked us out of the playoffs in embarrassing fashion. Bartch is a bit of a reach although I like the prospect. 

That said, I'd be more than happy to reach on a guy like Tuszka in the 5th. He had 13.5 sacks last year, ran a 6.87 3-cone at 6-4 251, and has the upper body strength to win the leverage game. Dude's a diamond in the rough. Also a Tanner Muse guy like @vegas492, and I think Reggie Robinson could reach his full potential with us being able to develop behind Kevin King.

Joe I’m with you on the day two look. I just struggle to see how if we aren’t trading up we land a player that doesn’t have some minor details to tweak. Before I say this I get each guy is different with how they take in the pros but i’m optimistic that Aiyuk will latch on. He won’t have a ton a pressure, Tae will have it. He will learn the boundary when needed, and I believe the same points you made could’ve been made for Tae, Jordy and Jennings coming into the league. I don’t see OROY potential in him but I see the ability to give our offense another wave an wrinkle it needs. The other two Dlineman I have my eyes on are Davon Hamilton from OSU and Broderick Washington Jr from Texas Tech. Both major reaches here, but a trade to the back of the 2nd would get us Hamilton and another pick.

Appreciate the comments guys!

Guess I disagree with Joe about Aiyuk.  I really like his game.  If he's a second round pick for us, I'd be pretty happy.  Instant return guy.  He can run the jet action, he's got really good vision, balance and cutting ability and he has enough speed to get deep.  Guess I'm looking for someone who can be "schemed" open as a rookie, which I think he can and I think he could be very good in some sets, early.  

Like every WR he's gonna need time to develop, and that's fine.  For a second rounder, I'd be pleased.

I watched some of his YouTube highlights and it does show what the write up below says.  He's twitchy, great with the ball in his hands.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brandon-aiyuk/ZsLQCCVH6K

Summary - Brandon Aiyuk is a dynamic receiving prospect who possesses an exciting ceiling at the NFL level. Thriving in vertical routes and in run after catch scenarios, Aiyuk is a height/weight/speed mismatch who showcases splendid short area quickness, explosiveness and ability to stress coverage vertically. He'll need to hone is releases versus physical press coverage but in the meantime Aiyuk could find immediate success in the slot while honing boundary skills.

• Like 2