2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He’s the best. Kiper is better when McShay is around. Would have loved to see McShay and Jeremiah debate.

Kiper won the bet with McShay about Herbert/Love being firstly selected. Love to see McShay's natural answer on tv.  oh well.

On 4/26/2020 at 4:15 PM, JetsandI said:

Robby Anderson left Jets as unfinished product because he was FA.  Now, Mims steps in for 3-4 years learning the routes that RA was about to run for Jets in long term.  The bonus is Mims being already bigger and stronger than RA.

1. Robby was not a great route runner.  Not even close.  WHat routes did he run well?  In fact it was a problem because he would quit on routes.  And  please change "the routes he was about to run", to "the routes he hoped he would one day be able to run."  

2. Robby is dumber than a rock.  Mims allegedly the opposite (from something I read). 

3. Mims is an aggressive blocker. Remember Keyshawn Johnson's blocking?  Now lets talk about Robby's blocking.  <crickets>   OK.  next topic

4. Mims is bigger and stronger than most NFL WRs.  Robby is skinnier than almost every NFL WR and can get pushed around by smaller safeties and corners.  Its not just that Mims is bigger than Robby...  you can find bigger and stronger than skinny Robby in round 7 and with UDFA.  Cager is much stronger and bigger than Robby.  

In the end,  Mims should be able to outplay Robby in every respect and on every level. But I don't expect to see it in year one.  I do in year 2.

Edited by dcat
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dcat said:

1. Robby was not a great route runner.  Not even close.  WHat routes did he run well?  In fact it was a problem because he would quit on routes.  And  please change "the routes he was about to run", to "the routes he hoped he would one day be able to run."  

2. Robby is dumber than a rock.  Mims allegedly the opposite (from something I read). 

3. Mims is an aggressive blocker. Remember Keyshawn Johnson's blocking?  Now lets talk about Robby's blocking.  <crickets>   OK.  next topic

4. Mims is bigger and stronger than most NFL WRs.  Robby is skinnier than almost every NFL WR and can get pushed around by smaller safeties and corners.  Its not just that Mims is bigger than Robby...  you can find bigger and stronger than skinny Robby in round 7 and with UDFA.  Cager is much stronger and bigger than Robby.  

In the end, 3. Mims should be able to out play Robby in every respect and on every level. But I don't expect to see it in year one.  I do in year 2.

Robby was elite at tracking the ball in my opinion. Some of those catches were just unreal. Il still state I’d feel much more comfortable having him here now.

Wouldn’t of made me not want Mims but we all know what Robby ‘can do well’ and going into the season we will have a rookie wr (wr historically need a little time to adjust) and Perriman who’s also a huge question mark. 

Personally id of liked a little more continuity for Sam especially with the offseason being shortened etc