2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

Just now, ekill08x said:

Yeah I agree. Should have at least added 2 minimum.

Yup. And there still a whole other round so some of these guys I like will more than likely get drafted rather than being options as UDFA. But hopefully one shakes free

Wilson's scouting report

STRENGTHS

Prototypical size for cornerback or safety spot. Big and physical. Very competitive. Willing to accept challenge of taking on a team's top wideout. Uses play strength to overcome some athletic and speed deficiencies. Can maul receivers off line of scrimmage and eliminate them from a route if they don't get clean release against his press. Plus anticipation in coverage. Makes quick reads on in-breaking routes and attacks in front of the route. Finished career with six interceptions. Responsive to play-action keys. Good feel for when to step downhill as tackler. Plays off perimeter blocks quickly. Willing to stick his nose in as a tackler. Willing to be the hammer and not just the nail when it comes to challenging running backs.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Wilson's scouting report

STRENGTHS

Prototypical size for cornerback or safety spot. Big and physical. Very competitive. Willing to accept challenge of taking on a team's top wideout. Uses play strength to overcome some athletic and speed deficiencies. Can maul receivers off line of scrimmage and eliminate them from a route if they don't get clean release against his press. Plus anticipation in coverage. Makes quick reads on in-breaking routes and attacks in front of the route. Finished career with six interceptions. Responsive to play-action keys. Good feel for when to step downhill as tackler. Plays off perimeter blocks quickly. Willing to stick his nose in as a tackler. Willing to be the hammer and not just the nail when it comes to challenging running backs.

His strength is man press. Had better ratings in ‘17 & ‘18, but when Indy switched to zone in ‘19 he started struggling. Maybe GW can revive his career.

Weren’t we linked to him last year when we traded for Hairston? I recall the Colts saying he was not available.

I like our defense. Gregg has a lot to work with.

Our offensive line is in good shape.

We actually got a lot done. 

Im optimistic about our WR, but concerned at the same time. Let’s see how things shake out in the summer.

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, SDotNova said:

Weren’t we linked to him last year when we traded for Hairston? I recall the Colts saying he was not available.

I like our defense. Gregg has a lot to work with.

Our offensive line is in good shape.

We actually got a lot done. 

Im optimistic about our WR, but concerned. Let’s see how things shake out in the summer.

That’s my thoughts now. Would of loved an extra receiver or two but it’s not like it’s week one next week. Still a long way to go in the offseason. I’d like to somehow package up a pick and someone like Winters or Avery to get a vet receiver. Maybe the coaching staff is bigger in Josh Doctson. He only turned 27 a few months back too. 

So this our depth chart as I see it:

QB: Darnold, Morgan, Fales

RB, Bell, Perine, Adams, Cannon

WR: Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Smith, Doctson, Berrios

TE: Herndon, Griffin, Wesco

LT: Fant, Becton

LG: Lewis, Andrews

C: McGovern, Harrison

RG: GVR, Clark

RT: Becton, Edoga

DE: Anderson, Shep, Kaufusi

NT: Fatusaki, McLendon

DT: Q, Phillips

WILL: Jenkins, Willis

MIKE: Mosley, Cashman, Burgess

SAM: Williamson, Peanut

RUSH: Basham, Zuniga

CB: Desir, Austin, Poole, Wilson, Hall, Maulet

SS: Adams, Fairly

FS: Maye, Davis

P: Mann

K: Ficken vs Maher

RS: Cannon vs Davis

would like to add another WR and Edge personally

Edited by Dr.O

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Hill and Davis are the only 2 I view as legit at this stage. We had a ton of interest in Cager who is a huge guy. So I’d expect him to be on the top of our list. 

Yeah I know @rickyt31 has mentioned Cager a lot and I checked him out and he has some huge potential. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

So this our depth chart as I see it:

QB: Darnold, Morgan, Fales

RB, Bell, Perine, Adams, Cannon

WR: Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Smith, Doctson, Berrios

TE: Herndon, Griffin, Wesco

LT: Fant, Becton

LG: Lewis, Andrews

C: McGovern, Harrison

RG: GVR, Clark

RT: Becton, Edoga