2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

overall, I was relatively happy with this draft. We addressed and ,IMO, improved the OL, CBS, Edge and WR position 

There are 3 players I would have drafted - Mims in the 2nd, Hall i would have used a 3rd and Zuniga a late 3rd or 4th. The only real reason I wouldn’t have taken Becton is because Wirfs was available, otherwise it would have been between him. and  Lamb. With the depth at WR I probably would have taken Becton. I don’t know anything about Clark but I wanted an IOL so I’m happy with that selection. I also don’t know anything about Davis and probably wouldn’t have taken a S in the 3rd, but I can’t argue with the logic of taking a possible replacement for Maye. I have no problem with taking a RB but again Perine is not someone I was familiar with. A 6th is always iffy but if Mann turns into a stud it could turn out to be a good pick. Taking a chance on former 2nd round pick Wilson isn’t the worst thing to happen with the 200 something pick.  That leaves Morgan. Sure we need a backup but we could have gotten Geno or someone similar at  the vet min. I would have much happier if we had taken T. Johnson, G. Davis,C. Johnson, Weaver or Anae. My guess is Morgan (3months older than Sam) will win the backup job and be on our 45 man roster every game so it isn’t all bad. Thinking we snagged him away from NE makes it even better. 

21 hours ago, SDotNova said:

That’s the big takeaway. We really don’t have an area that will hold Sam back. However, unless Mims balls out day 1, we likely don’t have a guy who can bail him out. But that’s alright. We will learn who Sam is this year. If Mims or Perriman becomes a #1, great. Otherwise, next years WR class is stacked.

But we can compete this year which is great.

I don't expect Mims to be lights out until his second year anyway.  Jeudy...  this year for sure..  Mims..  welcome to the nfl where they run routes...and with precision.  There will be a learning curve there but every detailed review of Mims says he's very football smart and eager to learn.

28 minutes ago, dcat said:

I don't expect Mims to be lights out until his second year anyway.  Jeudy...  this year for sure..  Mims..  welcome to the nfl where they run routes...and with precision.  There will be a learning curve there but every detailed review of Mims says he's very football smart and eager to learn.

Robby Anderson left Jets as unfinished product because he was FA.  Now, Mims steps in for 3-4 years learning the routes that RA was about to run for Jets in long term.  The bonus is Mims being already bigger and stronger than RA.

Edited by JetsandI

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We’re almost never as bad as people think we’re gonna be. 

Browns being outside 15.  Can you explain that. heh!

edit:

Draft order based on projected 2019 records.

LOL what a messed up article.

Edited by JetsandI