2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

We better not trade up... We have way too many glaring holes.

Trading up for a OT would be dumb.

We have glaring holes at WR (Worst WRs in the league), EDGE rusher (worst edge rush in the league), CB, RB...

This draft has good players in round 3-4. We should grab 2 WRs in this draft.

Daniel Jeremiah's final mock has us taking Becton at #11.  I think its rumors that the Dolphins are gonna go OL, I think they will go QB 1st pick.   Very good chance the Chargers go QB as well. 

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

We better not trade up... We have way too many glaring holes.

Trading up for a OT would be dumb.

We have glaring holes at WR (Worst WRs in the league), EDGE rusher (worst edge rush in the league), CB, RB...

This draft has good players in round 3-4. We should grab 2 WRs in this draft.

Daniel Jeremiah's final mock has us taking Becton at #11.  I think its rumors that the Dolphins are gonna go OL, I think they will go QB 1st pick.   Very good chance the Chargers go QB as well. 

Agreed could just be smokescreens. Hope Douglas stays put at takes our guy at 11 whoever it may be.

Just now, Greene N White said:

Agreed could just be smokescreens. Hope Douglas stays put at takes our guy at 11 whoever it may be.

There is always massive smokescreens at this time. I really don't see the Dolphins going OT, unless they don't love these QBs.  

I really like Josh Jones at OT, and Austin Jackson has a lot of talent to be great. 

If we don't go WR round 1, I am hoping for Michael Pittman round 2. I really like him and think hes NFL ready. I love the way he catches contested passes and uses his 6'4 body. Hes a solid route runner and is deceptively fast. His father was a good pro, good blood line.  Hes a round 2 WR who I think starts day 1. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lots of reports from guys now about the Jets trying to trade up for an OT

I wonder whoooo

ugh, hope not. I just don't want to give up those mid round picks. This draft has good players in round 3-4... I think a good player is gonna fall to #11 too...  We have so many glaring holes on this team and desperately need to improve the talent level as a whole.  I appreciate the wanting to protect Sam, but having 2 3rd rounders especially that high 3rd rounder could potentially gain us at least 1 starter and contributor. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

ugh, hope not. I just don't want to give up those mid round picks. This draft has good players in round 3-4... I think a good player is gonna fall to #11 too...  We have so many glaring holes on this team and desperately need to improve the talent level as a whole.  I appreciate the wanting to protect Sam, but having 2 3rd rounders especially that high 3rd rounder could potentially gain us at least 1 starter and contributor. 

I agree. Just gotta trust JD knows what he’s doing.

Id rather go Lamb/JJ before giving up those picks but it’s not up to me.

• Like 1

I’ll try and be happy with whatever we do. The only think that’ll get me to criticize Joe D is if the process doesn’t make sense. I want to see solid reasoning behind his decisions. Nothing irrational. We won’t know how good the draft is until a couple of years from now. But if we roll out of this draft not having addressed the offense, I’ll lose all hope.