2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

CURRENT NY JETS WR ROSTER AS OF TODAY

Josh Bellamy

Braxton Berrios

J Chesson

Jamison Crowder   ( good player )

Josh Doctson

Q Enunwa  (as not played in three years serious neck injury  )

K Hatcher

Josh Malone

Bresherd Prriman    ( player might help )

Jeff Smith

Demaryus Thomas   ( not to be confused with Saints Thomas )

WHO NEED LAMB WHEN WE HAVE ALL THESE PLAYMAKERS.

• Like 1

My hope is we grab a WR in the 2nd

1. Mims

2. Higgins

3. Pittman

4. Claypool

And then in the early 3rd go WR again and hope someone falls....

I love Shenault at the top of the 3rd if he falls. Hes more of a screen guy as of now but he had TERRIBLE QB play this yr. Hes heal th y now so injuries are scary but the truth is anyone can get injured at any time.... unless he has a preexisting condition, shenault may be the best "weapon" still available. 

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

CURRENT NY JETS WR ROSTER AS OF TODAY

Josh Bellamy

Braxton Berrios

J Chesson

Jamison Crowder   ( good player )

Josh Doctson

Q Enunwa  (as not played in three years serious neck injury  )

K Hatcher

Josh Malone

Bresherd Prriman    ( player might help )

Jeff Smith

Demaryus Thomas   ( not to be confused with Saints Thomas )

WHO NEED LAMB WHEN WE HAVE ALL THESE PLAYMAKERS.

Before the day is over that will change. 

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Mims will probably be gone before we pick so that's why I'm not even getting my hopes up.

Dare to dream. Can anyone mock up a video of him smoking a bong surrounded by some steroids. Throw in a music video of him in a duet with Joe Exotic and he could fall to #48. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Yeah, and those guys are gone. That’s the choice JD made and guys on here were fine with that wanted an OT. 

I want us to have guys that can do all those things too, but now we need to double dip to get that production. After the first 5 or so receivers, there is a drop off in all around skill set. Still a lot of guys that do some things really well and can produce.  But not sure that potential #1 is out there. 
And people also doubted Woods and Shusters big play ability coming out of USC. Seen plenty of big plays from those guys. 

Mims and Higgins can be that.

And good point but is Pittman as good as Woods and Shuster?

12 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Mims will probably be gone before we pick so that's why I'm not even getting my hopes up.

I agree with Mims I'd take him for sure.  But for a guy who could possibly be there, Higgins is the guy I want but I'm not sure our FO values him like I do.  I expect Shenault to be honest.

Edited by Rockice_8

I'm not a fan of Claypool or Shenault. Claypool really does not have a position because he is not great at either TE or WR. This means he will be average at best. I hate having a guy that is good at 2 positions but not great at one. Shenault is good when he has the ball but that is the problem. He is not fast, his route running is below par, his hands are not great and he is injury prone. I would wait until the 4th round to pick them if they are there. If not the risk is not worth it in the 2nd and 3rd round. Only WR I'm taking is Pittman, Higgins or Mims. If none of these guys are here at 48 then I would wait until the 3rd - 4th round area. I think Pittman is the best one and he can play the outside. Just think Ju Ju but a little faster. Higgins I like because he is big and attacks the ball at its highest point. He is my 1b to Pittman. Mims has the potential to be good but his route running and speed scare me. Overall I still want to wait on a WR until the 3rd round. You will see a slide big time in WR where there will be 20 picks with no WR. Remember most teams have their WR now and are looking in different direction. This is why Lamb fell to the Cowboys. You will have WR guys just don't panic. If you can get an Edge who puts up 10 sacks or a CB 1 average or a great CB2 I think you go there. My top 5 in this order is.

1. Fulton

2. Diggs

3. A.J Esp

4. Baun

5. Cleveland (I doubt he is there but man if he is having Becton and Cleveland for your bookends for the next 8 years would be great)

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I agree with Mims I'd take him for sure.  But for a guy who could possibly be there, Higgins is the guy I want but I'm not sure our FO values him like I do.  I expect Shenault to be honest.

I love love love Shenault so I am perfectly fine with that.