2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

Just now, jetjuice said:

I don’t at all.

I have a gut feeling we’re gonna end up with KJ Hamler. He seems to fit what Gase likes to do with his receivers the most. Quick and speedy. 

Im not sure Mims is going to appeal to Gase, his route running needs some work. 

Ya if I had to bet I’d say we will draft Hamler or Claypool. I like Claypool. And I don’t necessarily not like Hamler. That small size just sac area me. Hard to be that small (and I’m talking weight wise note so than even height) and last in this league. He’s not stocky like some other shorter guys

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I like him too. 48 is too high for him IMO though

What other WRs do you think will legit be available by 48 tho. Mims and MPJ will definitely be gone by 48 and likely Higgins aswell(don’t like Higgins though) so realisticly you’re looking at Shenault and Hamler who for various reasons I’m not a fan of

I only got the Jags going receiver. I think teams trade up for some though. No one picking ahead of us needs a receiver more than the other positions they're lacking at.

Bengals- OL or Defense

Colts- QB or Secondary

Lions- DL

Giants- Defense

Patriots- who knows

Carolina- Trenches

Miami- Trenches or Linebacker

Texans- BOB

Browns- Safety

Jaguars- WR or RB

Bears-DB or OL

Colts- QB or Secondary

Bucs- Secondary

Broncos- Trenches

Falcons- Defense

Jets- ??????

Just now, Dr.O said:

What other WRs do you think will legit be available by 48 tho. Mims and MPJ will definitely be gone by 48 and likely Higgins aswell(don’t like Higgins though) so realisticly you’re looking at Shenault and Hamler who for various reasons I’m not a fan of

I see Higgins, Hamler, Shenault, and Bryan Edwards (who is being slept on HARD) all being there.

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think there’s no way Mims is there. Higgins is doubtful as well. Shenault stands a chance but if I had to bet I’d say he’s gone too. So that’s my prediction. Whoever each person likes the best after those guys.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya if I had to bet I’d say we will draft Hamler or Claypool. I like Claypool. And I don’t necessarily not like Hamler. That small size just sac area me. Hard to be that small (and I’m talking weight wise note so than even height) and last in this league. He’s not stocky like some other shorter guys

He was 178 at the combine.   That's not that bad.   Give the kid a biscuit and he's 180.  Hollywood was 166 and was the first WR off the board last year

Honestly I would not trade one of our 3rds. There is good players that will be had in round 3, again our team has so many glaring holes and we need picks.  

A lot of these teams are going to grab these linemen, CBs, edge rushers, safeties before us, and RBs.

The Bengals if they were smart would grab Josh Jones.  They might go WR though.

Let Joe Douglas do his thing, hes paid the big bucks and deserves time to build his roster after all the years of terrible GMing from Maccagnan. 

Edited by NYJets4716

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He was 178 at the combine.   That's not that bad.   Give the kid a biscuit and he's 180.  Hollywood was 166 and was the first WR off the board last year

And I’m worried about him health wise as well. I think it’s very hard to be under 200lbs in the NFL and stay healthy for a long career.

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Honestly I would not trade one of our 3rds. There is good players that will be had in round 3, again our team has so many glaring holes and we need picks.  

A lot of these teams are going to grab these linemen, CBs, edge rushers, safeties before us, and RBs.

The Bengals if they were smart would grab Josh Jones.  They might go WR though.

Let Joe Douglas do his thing, hes paid the big bucks and deserves time to build his roster after all the years of terrible GMing from Maccagnan. 

I wouldn’t trade one in a package with the second for a higher pick straight up but I would move one if we got other stuff back. 

Like 48 and 79 for 34 and 122. 

• Like 3