Are you Smarter than an NFL GM (2020 Edition)

Forge

You guys know the drill! Every year we do this. Premise is simple. During the draft, conduct your own shadow draft alongside the real draft. Make your selections at the time of our picks so that we can save these for posterity and mock you years down the line. 

If a trade is made by the 49ers at the time of the pick you can take the trade or not (just make it clear). You cannot take different trades or take trades for other picks. 

For those who can make their selections at the time of the draft or when we make our picks, feel free to stop by later and drop by your selections as that is how we used to do it. 

I was wondering if we were going to do this again! I was also wondering where @y2lamanaki has been. Hopefully everything is ok with you big guy

Last year y2 did allow us to take trades made by other teams that were 1 spot behind us, because if a team would trade for 1 spot behind us they would certainly do it for our pick. That was only allowed in the 'live' portion of this. I remember, because I took a trade down that Seattle took, then I drafted AJ brown in the late second, and picked up a third that I used on CGJ. I also took Josh Allen over bosa just for fun lol 

I'm fine with not allowing that this year, just thought I would mention it. 

Thanks for posting @Forge and checking in @N4L. Truth is, my end of 2019 into early 2020 was already a personal disaster and then the team's Super Bowl loss and the virus were both just sorta piling on. Have had trouble working up a lot of excitement for much of anything, including tonight. Trying to find healthy ways to work through it and have a wonderful containment companion in my wife to help. But that's where I'm at. I still read the board daily, just not to fall out of the general loop since I haven't been reading any team news anywhere. 

As for this game, I'm personally fine with using same rules as last year (either including or excluding the live draft option/requirements) or going with whatever is simpler for everyone since it is unlikely I will be very active. Though I will try and remember to post my own before the time training camp would normally begin. 

• Like 2

Just like the last two years i will participate in this. Always fun to look back and see how much of a crapshoot this really is. Started after the move to the new forum so only two years ago. Both time did the live thing which makes the crapshoot even bigger. Honestly looking back my 2018 draft looks pretty decent.

39 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Thanks for posting @Forge and checking in @N4L. Truth is, my end of 2019 into early 2020 was already a personal disaster and then the team's Super Bowl loss and the virus were both just sorta piling on. Have had trouble working up a lot of excitement for much of anything, including tonight. Trying to find healthy ways to work through it and have a wonderful containment companion in my wife to help. But that's where I'm at. I still read the board daily, just not to fall out of the general loop since I haven't been reading any team news anywhere. 

As for this game, I'm personally fine with using same rules as last year (either including or excluding the live draft option/requirements) or going with whatever is simpler for everyone since it is unlikely I will be very active. Though I will try and remember to post my own before the time training camp would normally begin. 

Its draft day baby and the niners have two first round picks. its officially time to get excited again!

In case you are still looking back at the 2019 in sadness, watch this video and get reminded of how magical that year actually was. 

This was never a one year deal. We have always been trying to build a long term winner here. THIS WAS JUST THE BEGINNING 

(also sounds like you need some vitamin D supplements tbh) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Its draft day baby and the niners have two first round picks. its officially time to get excited again!

In case you are still looking back at the 2019 in sadness, watch this video and get reminded of how magical that year actually was. 

This was never a one year deal. We have always been trying to build a long term winner here. THIS WAS JUST THE BEGINNING 

(also sounds like you need some vitamin D supplements tbh) 

No, nothing like that. I love the 2019 team and it is my personal favorite. The season was magical for all but 7 minutes and I will remember it fondly. 

Just looked back at my 2018 draft:

1 (#9) Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
2 (#59) Justin Reid, S, Stanford
3 (#70) Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio St. 
3 (#74) 
Joseph Noteboom, OT, TCU
3 (#95) Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
4 (#128)  Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF
6 (#184) Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State
7 (#223) Dejon Allen, G/C, Hawaii
7 (#240) Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech

Pretty decent i would say.