Official GDT - 2020 NFL Draft

Deadpulse

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Second year starting (2018):

OMG   WE got a better QB than Green Bay.  He playing LSU but you can see the potential. Near the end of the 3rd Q. He starts to breakdown, who wouldn't but the overall he played great. Key thing was no interceptions, ( Love has 17 playing against HS teams) never threw it in panic for interception. 

This is LSU the " whole defense was drafted "    Now I' m not saying we have the next Brady, however IMO we sure got the better of the deal than GB. Love will stink at the next level.

He never had a shot, his teammates completely overwhelmed.

Edited by m haynes

My frustration with the Patriots draft and BB the GM.

1.  The complete  risk/gamble with high draft choices.  I don't care is he hit a home run ( which he hasn't in 5 YEARS )with this years pick the gamble would get most GM fired. EX Windfield on the board and many other high quality players and you take a player that held his own at the SR Bowl age24 and played Div 2 that was noticed after his dreaded combine numbers.  Forget the player for a moment who the hell makes that gamble. Please don't used the argument that's what makes BB great. What makes him great is his coaching and having a great QB.

2.  The best class of WRs in 25 years and you take zero. No late RD picks nothing. KD Hill ( Pats WR group is average at best) sitting there and you pass!  See next comment why this frustrates me. At least take a flyer on  a speed guy to stretch the field. A " Clifford Franklin " type !( Replacement Movie)

3. You draft a player for ST 5-foot-11, 231-pound Maluia   that has no shot at playing D or O. You can't get these players after the draft? Why waste/gamble pick. You trying to tell me you can't find someone that fit your own profile on a LB! I understand any pick is a gamble but at least find a ST guy that has a slim chance of see the field.

4. Why do you pick 3 inside OL and zero LTs. You have two All Pro guards and others on the roaster and you have 3 LT's and one, Cannon is one hit away from retirement or cut and you take zero. No trade up to get one but you trade up to get a guard????????  One injury at tackle its a call to Robert Newhouse!!!!  Last year it was the TEs. Now we 6+ IOL and 2 1/2 Tackles.  Makes no sense.

5, Use the practice squad for a position of need.  Just a example, we now have 2 TE, don't say we have others on the current roster.  Last year we had zero on practice quad.  This year we need LTs on the squad. I don't care if they never make it, at least you can work him into your system. IMO that's better than the complete scramble to find one in a trade and waste picks at long shots or Newhouse players of the world. A warm body is better than the crap you bring in.

Last don't ever use the excuse we only have so many choices. Don't insult your fan base. That's like saying You never played the game.

UDFA    I would bring in LTs, WR  at least 10 per position. Keep the ones that iare closet to NFL. You keep him even if you know he has no shot at a career. Why because he no worst than the crap you have to bring in when you desperately need one.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

I think that people get frustrated with the way the Patriots draft because they don't draft the players they want them to draft. The fact is the Patriots gave been fairly successful (won the Super Bowl two years ago). Has every player they drafted turned in a HOF of course not. Has every player even made the team of course not. But they have drafted pretty well. As for this being a great draft for WRs we will have to wait and see how good they actually are. Last year was suppose to be a great TE draft and so far it has not looked like anything special but it's still early.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't want them to draft a division two combine warrior with the 37th pick. Just like I don't want them to draft a kicker who is nothing but trouble. Or an edge player from Alabama who gives up on plays to the opposite side and looks like Courtney Upshaw. The Patriots won a Super Bowl two years ago but not because they are a good drafting team. They are below average at best.

Edited by DoleINGout

3 hours ago, jofos said:

I think that people get frustrated with the way the Patriots draft because they don't draft the players they want them to draft. The fact is the Patriots gave been fairly successful (won the Super Bowl two years ago). Has every player they drafted turned in a HOF of course not. Has every player even made the team of course not. But they have drafted pretty well. As for this being a great draft for WRs we will have to wait and see how good they actually are. Last year was suppose to be a great TE draft and so far it has not looked like anything special but it's still early.

I think we are disproportionately bad at drafting when you consider our general success as a team. That's not to say we are a bad drafting team, we are more like average. I think BB overcomes his bad picks with awesome coaching. 

For example, we know that he has a shocking 2nd round record and recent early picks haven't yielded enough of a core. Far too many high picks have been objective busts - Richards, Cyrus, Dawson, Dowling, Easley etc. They're all too high. There are many (not me) that also think Michel is a bust and Harry is looking dodgy too.

But BB (and the scouting network) also have picked some gems. They seem to have the inside line on QBs...not many of us would have expected Garoppolo to a) be drafted by us, and b) turn into what he is...or was looking to be. Trey Flowers was an awesome pick. Hightower. etc. He knows what he wants.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, m haynes said:

OMG   WE got a better QB than Green Bay.  He playing LSU but you can see the potential. Near the end of the 3rd Q. He starts to breakdown, who wouldn't but the overall he played great. Key thing was no interceptions, ( Love has 17 playing against HS teams) never threw it in panic for interception. 

This is LSU the " whole defense was drafted "    Now I' m not saying we have the next Brady, however IMO we sure got the better of the deal than GB. Love will stink at the next level.

He never had a shot, his teammates completely overwhelmed.

Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year, and 2015 draft pick of the San Diego Padres.

But...

4 hours ago, jofos said:

With all due respect , this is insulting. I have watched this team for 40+ years and have follow the draft since I was 12 years old listening on AM radio. I never judge draft on players I LIKE that we pass on. I judge what player we pick and what I see and know. EX I went crazy when we took Jordan Richards because IMO you can't cover with 4.6+ in the forty. This draft I don't care if Ruggers is God that is not why I'm upset its the gamble and the low odds he brings to the table. I extremely happy camper with the TE because he fixed a need. BB learned from the dismal group he ended up with last year which by the way was his fault. He didn't know Gronks situation!  i don't care if they flop it was the right move we neededthem, he got them.  I'm upset because we picked a WR last year the can't run in today's game it about speed. The guys I liked  was Debo and Harderman Why they were rated the same as Harry but had SPEED.

WRs we will have to wait and see how good they actually are.

Really that's the way you look at a draft. Well lets do that over the last 5 years, name a ALL Pro we drafted!!!!!! How many players drafted have contributed to our success.

Last year was suppose to be a great TE draft

No that was completely false . There were good ones that the Pat could picked but passed. 

So lets all say nice going BB you won SB you have a complete pass for the rest of your Patriots day!!!

What happens is a tackle goes down in camp. Whats happens if Harry doesn't show improvement, What happen if Jules is traded or breaks down. I know BB will sprinkle SB fairy dust and all will be fixed !!!!! Give me a break1 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Richards, Cyrus, Dawson, Dowling, Easley etc. They're all too high. There are many (not me) that also think Michel is a bust and Harry is looking dodgy too.

Hunter   Call the doctor you just gave me a massive heart attack. I think i blew all my gaskets!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

How many players drafted have contributed to our success.

McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Jackson, Jones, Hightower, Collins, Butler, Winovich, Wise, Bentley, Roberts, Shaq, Wynn, Cannon, Andrews, Thuney, Jules, Sony, White, Brady? Sort of, you know, most of the team? KVN, Gilmore, and Guy were the only impact guys not drafted on the team. 

NE hits on a few players every draft. Not many grand slams as of recent, but they’re getting something out of guys virtually every year. Not every team can say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Jackson, Jones, Hightower, Collins, Butler, Winovich, Wise, Bentley, Roberts, Shaq, Wynn, Cannon, Andrews, Thuney, Jules, Sony, White, Brady? Sort of, you know, most of the team? KVN, Gilmore, and Guy were the only impact guys not drafted on the team. 

NE hits on a few players every draft. Not many grand slams as of recent, but they’re getting something out of guys virtually every year. Not every team can say.

Hey Yang  A weasel move .  You know full well you left off the 1st part of my statement, you did it on purpose or you have a problem ready.  You disagree fine say your pease but don't try being the forum board police.  Let's see your opinions, so we can look to rip your comments apart. It seems that what you here for.

Well lets do that over the last 5 years, name a ALL Pro we drafted!!!!!! How many players drafted have contributed to our success.

Edited by m haynes

Last 5 years  Thats 10 players from these draft that had any impact to the Pats sucess. GMAB!!!

2019 1 N'Keal Harry 32 WR 2019 0 0 0 1 7           5 49 0 12 105 2     Arizona St.
2019 2 Joejuan Williams 45 CB 2019 0 0 0 1 9                           Vanderbilt
2019 3 Chase Winovich 77 DE 2019 0 0 0 3 16                         5.5 Michigan
2019 3 Damien Harris 87 RB 2019 0 0 0 0 2           4 12 0           Alabama
2019 3 Yodny Cajuste 101 T   0 0 0                               West Virginia
2019 4 Hjalte Froholdt 118 G   0 0 0                               Arkansas
2019 4 Jarrett Stidham 133 QB 2019 0 0 0 0 3 2 4 14 0 1 2 -2 0           Auburn
2019 5 Byron Cowart 159 DT 2019 0 0 0 1 5                           Maryland
2019 5 Jake Bailey 163 P 2019 0 0 0 2 16                           Stanford
2019 7 Ken Webster 252 CB 2019 0 0 0 1 8                           Mississippi
Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2018 1 Isaiah Wynn 23 T 2019 0 0 1 4 8                           Georgia
2018 1 Sony Michel 31 RB 2019 0 0 2 12 29           456 1843 13 19 144 0     Georgia
2018 2 Duke Dawson 56 CB 2019 0 0 0 2 14                           Florida
2018 5 Ja'Whaun Bentley 143 ILB 2019 0 0 0 6 19                       1   Purdue
2018 6 Christian Sam 178 ILB   0 0 0                               Arizona St.
2018 6 Braxton Berrios 210 WR 2019 0 0 0 1 16                 6 115 0     Miami (FL)
2018 7 Danny Etling 219 QB   0 0 0                               LSU
2018 7 Keion Crossen 243 CB 2019 0 0 0 2 27                           West. Carolina
2018 7 Ryan Izzo 250 TE 2019 0 0 0 1 6                 6 114 1     Florida St.
Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2017 3 Derek Rivers 83 DE 2018 0 0 0 1 6                         1.0 Youngstown St.
2017 3 Antonio Garcia 85 T   0 0 0                               Troy
2017 4 Deatrich Wise 131 DE 2019 0 0 0 12 46                         11.5 Arkansas
2017 6 Conor McDermott 211 T 2019 0 0 0 1 15                           UCLA
2016 2 Cyrus Jones 60 CB 2019 0 0 0 4 31                           Alabama
2016 3 Joe Thuney 78 G 2019 0 0 4 36 64                           North Carolina St.
2016 3 Jacoby Brissett 91 QB 2019 0 0 2 23 38 584 975 6442 31 13 142 564 9 1 2 0     North Carolina St.
2016 3 Vincent Valentine 96 DT 2018 0 0 0 3 16                         1.0 Nebraska
2016 4 Malcolm Mitchell 112 WR 2016 0 0 0 4 14                 32 401 4     Georgia
2016 6 Kamu Grugier-Hill 208 OLB 2019 0 0 2 10 54                       1 1.0 East. Illinois
2016 6 Elandon Roberts 214 ILB 2019 0 0 2 21 60                 1 38 1   4.0 Houston
2016 6 Ted Karras 221 G 2019 0 0 1 13 60                           Illinois
2016 7 Devin Lucien 225 WR   0 0 0                               Arizona St.
2015 1 Malcom Brown 32 DT 2019 0 0 4 33 76                         10.5 Texas
2015 2 Jordan Richards 64 S 2019 0 0 1 9 68                           Stanford
2015 3 Geneo Grissom 97 DE 2018 0 0 0 3 38                         1.0 Oklahoma
2015 4 Trey Flowers 101 DE 2019 0 0 3 30 61                         28.0 Arkansas
2015 4 Tre' Jackson 111 G 2015 0 0 1 6 13                           Florida St.
2015 4 Shaq Mason 131 C 2019 0 0 5 35 75                           Georgia Tech
2015 5 Joe Cardona 166 LS 2019 0 0 0 5 80                           Navy
2015 6 Matthew Wells 178 LB   0 0 0                               Mississippi St.
2015 6 A.J. Derby 202 TE 2018 0 0 0 3 25                 40 452 3     Arkansas
2015 7 Darryl Roberts 247 CB 2019 0 0 1 10 56                       3   Marshall
2015 7 Xzavier Dickson
Edited by m haynes