Draft Day thread

Wyld Stallyns

46 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

So we have a draft where we get no "starting ready now " players ?????

What position do you see us needing a player to start Week 1? 

WR? Hilton and Pascal are likely to start Week 1 unless a rookie receiver can learn the playbook. With the current conditions that will be much harder for anyone.

CB? Moore and Ya-Sin are the starters with Rhodes. No rookies are going to start there. 

Safety? Unless we trade Hooker we have Willis and Hooker so no safety is starting there. 

DE? Houston and Turay are starting with Banogu and potentially Autry in rotation 

HB? Mack TE? Doyle QB? Rivers/Brissett 

LBs? Walker and Leonard with Okereke

K? Not in the second round

46 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

WR? Hilton and Pascal are likely to start Week 1 unless a rookie receiver can learn the playbook. With the current conditions that will be much harder for anyone.

CB? Moore and Ya-Sin are the starters with Rhodes. No rookies are going to start there. 

Safety? Unless we trade Hooker we have Willis and Hooker so no safety is starting there. 

DE? Houston and Turay are starting with Banogu and potentially Autry in rotation 

I give the Colts an A rating at OL …...LB and DT. I do not sweat WR because I know they will draft a WR . I can live with Rivers (for now) .I think Mack will have a better year (especially running behind Nix and QN ). Can live with our corner/NB situation . But Safety and 1 more pass rusher (especially a pass rusher with a high ceiling) are on my wish list .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I live in NY Metro area.....My brother is a die hard...….DIE HARD Giants fan for 48 years. I can not remember him hardly ever criticizing any move his Giants have made ……..That AIN'T ME. I fell madly in love with #19 of the Colts (and the Colts franchise) in the sixties but I never just blindly follow my team. Every team in sports makes bad moves without exception ……..But as always GO COLTS !

• Like 1

I would say the big thing to keep in mind is not starters for this year but starters for 2021. 

I looked it up on Overthecap for Colts players under contract for 2021

QB, C, FS, and K are positions with no one under contract. (Hooker's 5th year option and Ryan Kelly extension hopefully coming soon) 

Players under contract for 2021 (by position)

Hines and Wilkins at HB 
Parris Campbell at WR 
Doyle at TE
Castonzo, Nelson, Glo, Smith and Patterson on the OL 

Sanchez and Luke Rhodes on special teams

Turay and Banogu at DE 
Buckner, Lewis and Jegede at DT,
Leonard, Speed, Adams, Franklin and Okereke at LB
Moore, Rock and Tell at CB;
Willis at S

Barring re-signings and extensions, we need

7  starters on offense (counting Doyle, Castonzo, Nelson and Smith) 

4 starters on defense ( DE, DT, CB, FS)

• Like 1

The best part about Pittman he is a future NFL Team Captain for sure...….Can beat (and often) double coverage and very very very quietly will carry a passing game on his shoulders and be team...….team ……...team !