Valhalla Mock Draft: 49ers on the Clock (#31)

swede700

With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...

• CB Noah Igbinoghene (Auburn)
    • LB Malik Harrison (Ohio St)
    • DT Neville Gallimore (Oklahoma)
    • OT Lucas Niang (TCU)
    • OG Jonah Jackson (Ohio St)
    • CB Trevon Diggs (Alabama)
    • CB Damon Arnette (Ohio St)
    • DT Justin Madubuike (Texas A&M)
    • C/OG Cesar Ruiz (Michigan)
    • S Grant Delpit (LSU)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

It's hard to fathom that defensive end is the choice members are making.  I would also rather resign Griffen than to use a draft choice on a player that is not a need.

Fact is who says the Vikings even have the money to do a simple move like that.  Considering how poor that pass rush could be without Griffen, DE is absolutely a need and a high need, no way the Vikings draft a DE then sign Griffen, it is either this or that not both.  

13 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fact is who says the Vikings even have the money to do a simple move like that.  Considering how poor that pass rush could be without Griffen, DE is absolutely a need and a high need, no way the Vikings draft a DE then sign Griffen, it is either this or that not both.  

Well they have 8-9 mil available currently after allocating for draft picks and harris’ tender on the books. 

so they do have the money. They are just choosing to wait it seems. 

25 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Well they have 8-9 mil available currently after allocating for draft picks and harris’ tender on the books. 

so they do have the money. They are just choosing to wait it seems. 

I would rather spend that 8-9 mil on a corner or OG.

More than a few options at corner with Jonathan Joseph, Tramaine Brock, Logan Ryan, Prince Amukamara,  Dre Kirkpatrick, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Carr etc

At OG the options are very slim for FA, only Michael Schofield, Ted Larsen and a few others but not many fit the scheme.  So I guess going FA for the OL is not going to happen based on who is out there.  

Will be curious what they do.

22 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I ageee, if Griffen doesn’t return, there’s a gaping hole in the pass rush. How is that not a more pressing concern, especially considering an expected drop off from the CBs. If Griffen returns, im more than fine holding off on DE until the middle of the draft. The Vikes don’t have the luxury of drafting and developing pass rushers with the decision to let Griffen and Weatherly wall. They need immediate impact. 

Edited by vikingsrule

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You really think that drafting a DE with pass rushing traits in the 1st is going to get you a more immediate impact than drafting a DE with pass rushing traits in the 3rd or 4th? 

I mean we could sit here and ask the same about any position, could we not? The vikes track record is great at developing DL, when they’ve had the time to do so. They don’t really have that time with some of the losses up front. Perhaps you’re reflecting on Spielman’s lack of success in drafting a franchise building block in the first round the last 5 drafts? 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I mean we could sit here and ask the same about any position, could we not? The vikes track record is great at developing DL, when they’ve had the time to do so. They don’t really have that time with some of the losses up front. Perhaps you’re reflecting on Spielman’s lack of success in drafting a franchise building block in the first round the last 5 drafts? 

They’ve had day 3 rookies contributing as pass rushers for most of Zimmer’s tenure...

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 7:08 AM, CriminalMind said:

So even the collective fan voice doesn't want to address OL, until everyone who is good is gone, be left with pure project OL later in draft, and than complain that the OL is holding back this offense in not being able to give Davin holes and not giving Cousins time to pass.

I could easily make the argument that every OL on this poll is a project OL.  I wouldn't trust a single one of them to start Day 1, let alone be any good Day 1.

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I could easily make the argument that every OL on this poll is a project OL.  I wouldn't trust a single one of them to start Day 1, let alone be any good Day 1.

For sure and that is a wise argument to make. I would suggest, however, extending it to the rest of the position groups as well. I sincerely hope the team is not trusting any of these players to start opening week. That would be a mistake.

21 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

My head said "Cesar Ruiz" but my heart was screaming "Denzel Mims."  Just be thankful I'm not your GM.  xD

Mims is going to bust. With his speed and size he should dominate but he doesn't. You cant change who a person is. You can coach technique but if that player doesn't impose his will against college kids he won't in the NFL.

Just now, HeydudemanG said:

Mims is going to bust. With his speed and size he should dominate but he doesn't. You cant change who a person is. You can coach technique but if that player doesn't impose his will against college kids he won't in the NFL.

Do you know the quarterbacks he played with at Baylor?  Kid is a stud with an outstanding catch radius and big time upside and speed/size.  Sure he could bust, so could any receiver in the draft arguably.  Mims was never around much talent on Baylor but had a 1000 yard season as a SOPH and as a SR and had a pretty decent JR season.  This year he absolutely dominated the competition in a few games he played in, he showed up against big competition as well.  

SkinnySpryAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

FamousTerrificBrownbear-size_restricted.