Valhalla Mock Draft: 49ers on the Clock (#31)

swede700

With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. With the 31st pick, the San Francisco 49ers select...

• CB Noah Igbinoghene (Auburn)
    • LB Malik Harrison (Ohio St)
    • DT Neville Gallimore (Oklahoma)
    • OT Lucas Niang (TCU)
    • OG Jonah Jackson (Ohio St)
    • CB Trevon Diggs (Alabama)
    • CB Damon Arnette (Ohio St)
    • DT Justin Madubuike (Texas A&M)
    • C/OG Cesar Ruiz (Michigan)
    • S Grant Delpit (LSU)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

24 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This is where these types of polls seem to fall apart. 

You've got 4 votes for an OT, but 6 votes for WR. Yet, the OT is likely going to win. 

If it makes you feel any better, I only vote when it's necessary to break a tie.  So, you never know what will happen.  

Do people not know who the Jets tackles are?  Why would they pass on Andrew Thomas, he would be the perfect fit.  Sure get Lamb if Thomas is not there but he is so take him instead of having George Fant or McDermott start which would be very bad for Sam.  Edoga is the only OT worth a crap for them and they would be lucky to get Thomas.  

Edited by Ozzy

57 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Kinlaw seems to be a popular pick given the trade of Buckner. However, I think they target another playmaker for Jimmy G so I went with Ruggs.

Their DL should still be solid with Bosa and Armstead.

Went with Lamb. Jimmy has an atrocious deep ball, think they’d go for someone like Lamb.

Why would the 49ers take Lamb?  They just lost Buckner and Kinlaw would be an instant replacement.  And based on Deebo being so good last year doubt they got 1st round receiver, heck they have Jalen Hurd coming off injury as well he did not even play last season, he could be a legit receiver.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Why would the 49ers take Lamb?  They just lost Buckner and Kinlaw would be an instant replacement.  And based on Deebo being so good last year doubt they got 1st round receiver, heck they have Jalen Hurd coming off injury as well he did not even play last season, he could be a legit receiver.

They lost Sanders too and already have a strong DL without Buckner.

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

They lost Sanders too and already have a strong DL without Buckner.

In that offense with an offensive mind at HC, no way they take a WR 1st round, they have Samuel, Bourne, Goodwin, Hurd, James, Pettis, and Taylor at WR.  Really doubt they get another one that high when they could easily wait till the later rounds to pick up another receiver.  Sure that DL is good but Buckner is a huge loss for them and Kinlaw could instantly take his place.  

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

They didn’t lose Buckner, they traded him away. Why would they look to replace a player that they just deemed expendable with the pick that they got in return?

They did not want to pay him and wanted to get a cheaper version of him, aka Kinlaw.  Maybe Solomon Thomas can take his place but I doubt it, would be great and would be interesting to see him as more of a DT which is what he is better at than a edge player or OLB.  And I am not sold on Street just filling that DT void for them but who knows.  They also lost Sheldon Day who was a decent backup DT for them.  

They have a crazy amount of free agents in 2021 and Solomon Thomas is a FA, so is Sherman and most important Kittle.  So they need the cash so Buckner is out I assume.

Bosa, Ford, Armstead, Thomas.  I guess that is a ok front four but it is not as good as Bosa, Ford, Buckner, Armstead like last year.  Maybe Street or Thomas can bust out, for Thomas's sake I hope so.

Still in that offense, they can find receivers late and make them great no question about it, drafting one would make a little sense but honestly not a lot for them.